Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.01

The latest manual says:

Tone Control Display

AUTHENTIC/IDEAL

This parameter governs the "Tone" page of the amp block. When set to
Authentic (default) only those controls present on the actual amp are displayed.

When set to Ideal all tone controls are displayed. Also, when set to Authentic,
the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing
models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls.

Now I'm confused. It makes sense for the Ideal setting to reset the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls , not Authentic. Is the manual right?
No, Ideal controls are all defined for all Amp models (even if some might do nothing in some models).

Authentic controls are specific to each model, which is why the reset is required when using that mode.

Are you reseting from the front panel or Axe Edit? I'm not sure it matters or if the behavior has been changed since it first came out, which has been a while. I remember it being Authentic didn't change & Ideal did. I always use Ideal so I'm used to BMT changing on reset.
I’m using Axe Edit

Weird issue has popped up- I updated to this latest FW yesterday. Now when I open axe edit, it tells me to update to this latest firmware- which I’ve already done. It’s never done this after I’ve installed other versions. Any ideas? I’ve just closed the message and it plays fine (sounds amazing) but I’m not wanting this message to pop up everyday if possible.

Maaan I wish I got your strain when it hit me. Our bass player got it, and then unknowingly gave it to me at practice. 72 hours of misery. By the end of day 2 I had no voice left. The symptom that really threw me was having to fight off cramps in my lower extremities.
One glass of milk and I get those same cramps.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/21p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_21p01.zip

To use the Paragon Wah you will need to either use the front panel or wait for an updated version of Axe-Edit.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added “Paragon” type to Wah block based on a Tycobrahe Parapedal.*

Fixed Hi Treble not working in Amp block.

*Thanks to Lance Keltner for the Parapedal inspiration.
Thank you Cliff for putting the Tycho into the wah World. It is my favorite!

Great stuff Leon, like always!! I think the great Michael Schenker did it with a fixed WahWah often in his Tone :)

Greetings from Germany.

This is my two main presets on the newest firmware. The first three scenes are just different levels of drive pedal gain. I removed my expresson pedal blocks just in case you don't have any hooked up. If you like them and can find them useful then this is my gift of tone to you. If not, sorry for wasting your time.

Attachments

• PVH 6160++USA SS.fasBundle
    32.4 KB · Views: 52
  • TRIAXIS 21.fasBundle
    32.5 KB · Views: 51
This is my two main presets on the newest firmware. The first three scenes are just different levels of drive pedal gain. I removed my expresson pedal blocks just in case you don't have any hooked up. If you like them and can find them useful then this is my gift of tone to you. If not, sorry for wasting your time.
Thanks. I will definitely load them up for a test drive.

Awesome presets, thanks. What where you using your expression pedals for?

Back
Top Bottom