Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a fan of popup tips - prefering greyed out for "inoperable", no need to take mouse, move pointer over control, and wait for
look up in order to get info.
Yeah, & that will do nothing for people like me who mainly edit on the Axe itself. The more I think of it, I would prefer the ideal option on the Axe that only had controls that worked, or make all the controls shown work. In Cliff's example from earlier, he says the AC-20 has no tone controls, but why not give an option where it does at least have BMT? I'm all for authenticity & love that the Axe gets closer & closer to being accurate but one of the things I've always liked is you can easily go beyond authentic & create something that works for you.

I think lowering all amp master volumes to about 1.8-2.5 would do it for me. At least give me the ball-park figure I like. Then I can do each one individually. I'd like a way to do it across all of them in one fell swoop and then go from there, but don't think it is possible.
I guess it depends on the Amp models you use... But as mentioned you can use the Batch Setter option to set a parameter to the same value across multiple presets.

You can also use FracTool to do similar with it's Batch Setter and apparently use relative values like -2 or +1, etc.

Yeah, & that will do nothing for people like me who mainly edit on the Axe itself. The more I think of it, I would prefer the ideal option on the Axe that only had controls that worked, or make all the controls shown work. In Cliff's example from earlier, he says the AC-20 has no tone controls, but why not give an option where it does at least have BMT? I'm all for authenticity & love that the Axe gets closer & closer to being accurate but one of the things I've always liked is you can easily go beyond authentic & create something that works for you.
I think that's a different topic -> provide more non-authentic controls

Dont know … to me having the real knobs in one part and extra ones in another part is a good idea. With this you learn how the originals are made when you don’t know the models. I like the « simulator » part of the modeler. It’s more realistic don’t know …
Choosing a one knob amps and having ten controls on it because that’s fun to do it hm ..no

I don’t see that song in this list

Attachments

• 9DAD192F-C049-4F6E-AD5F-6A785DCBABE1.jpeg
    9DAD192F-C049-4F6E-AD5F-6A785DCBABE1.jpeg
    717.5 KB · Views: 45
I am actually fighting with the AFD (oh noooooo) trying to understand why is it the marshall in the unit that sound off compared to the others.
Additionally, it might be what Justin York agrees to, and is also an item for the Amp Wish List? :)

York Audio, 2022:
  • The JCM Slash was made when Slash asked Marshall to make him some extra Jubilees. They were able to source enough NOS parts to make around 200 amps and decided to make it their first “signature” amp. Some say it has slightly more low end and gain and others feel it’s identical to their original Jubilee heads. It’s my favorite amp to play in the room. The AFD is a VERY different animal. That amp lacks fullness and has an abrasive upper midrange and doesn’t have the top end sparkle and edge that the Jubilee/JCM Slash has.
  • The JCM Slash would knock your socks off and make the Jubilee fans really happy since the one in the unit doesn’t sound like an actual Jubilee, plus, it’s cool that you can activate/bypass the diode clipping for different distortion flavors.
  • I have an open door policy with Cliff and he’s welcome to borrow and model any of my amps. I’d particularly love to see the OR80 and the JCM Slash (Jubilee) modeled.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wish-list-new-amps.137944/post-2201846

I suspect Cliff is aware it's available to him, but has/had more important things to do first — and/or prefers amps that he can own and take measurements of at any time.

Last edited:
Front panel or Axe-Edit?

I really want to get rid of the Ideal page. It's causes a lot of headaches.
I 99% stick with the Authentic tab. I don't see a need to have inauthentic EQ controls (there are plenty of workarounds for those), but every once in a while I'll mess with parameters more in modification territory like the Bright switch or the Depth (for the Dirty Shirley, for example).

I think that's a different topic -> provide more non-authentic controls.
It could be that, or just remove ones that do nothing rather than having to toggle between 2 pages on the Axe to do what can be done now on 1 page if you choose the ideal option in the setup menu.

It could be that, or just remove ones that do nothing rather than having to toggle between 2 pages on the Axe to do what can be done now on 1 page if you choose the ideal option in the setup menu.
best imo, as I mention above, is all on one page with authentic marked or colored for easy recognition, and non-functioning controls greyed out / inoperable so I know what kinds of tweaks do not apply to the selected amp. That would provide all options / info on one page with no need for going back and forth between 2 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom