Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try sticking a volpan in front, set to go from avout halfway up to full blast, or just roll your volume on the guitar back. The lower signal really helps get the Plexis to clean up, and you can play your whole gig with just the volume on the guitar (or pedal).

Vol-Plexi70%2068%20Pnstrp%20T3B%20%5B9%5D3.syx
funny we think alike - i was dialing back the input trim just a hair... but not really going for "clean clean" more "dirty clean". I love the green channel on my dsl and had never even considered trying to get that sound from a plexi - seems obvious NOW lol!

Just my opinion, I think the "Tone" page should be named "Controls" or "Knobs" or even "Authentic" like it used to be.
By now, everyone should know that "Tone" comes from your hands.
"Ideal" should be "Modify".

"Added “Plate Suppressor Diodes” parameter. This value is set automatically when the amp model is chosen but the user can override the default setting. Most amps do not have suppressor diodes but some do (e.g., Trainwreck Express). These diodes (also called “snubber” or “flyback” diodes) prevent undershoot on the power tube plates due to inductive kick and reduce upper harmonics thereby reducing “fizz”."

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for this. Was going nuts trying to GTFO (Get The Fizz Out) and this helps a lot.

I'm not envisioning it for this release. This would be a future change.
I think it is safe to go with whatever the powers that be choose. Looking at how far they taken us so far, I’d say whatever gets it done best is why it should be. If the ideal page causes so many issues, it would streamline future releases to do away with it. Faster updates? Who wouldn’t want that?

Thanks for the nice update!
I just have a problem with the speaker thump
On FAS lead 1 amp, and on FAS Rythm amp, there's a lot of sub frequencies added when turning speaker thump up
I don't have the issue on other amps, or in previous firmwares
Does anyone experience the same thing?
In most of my presets I set the speaker thump to zero for that same reason.

I am playing through a pair of Celestion F12-X200 at band volume.

You can't do that globally because it's Amp / setting dependent.

That represents how hard the power section is being pushed as far as I understand it.

Lower the Master Volume...
I think lowering all amp master volumes to about 1.8-2.5 would do it for me. At least give me the ball-park figure I like. Then I can do each one individually. I'd like a way to do it across all of them in one fell swoop and then go from there, but don't think it is possible.

now, when you’re happy Mud, I think the official release might come “soon”😀
I am actually fighting with the AFD (oh noooooo) trying to understand why is it the marshall in the unit that sound off compared to the others. Like you have a pillow in your ears. I dont know, there is something that make it sound dead inside. I know i know, it's boring. I know cliff once does an A/B, but the test is simple : just do 2 chords scrolling marshalls by default, when it is the afd turn... still dont know why the presence knob act like this to 9 to 10 ? is the presence knob the culprit ? dont know. here is what I am actually doing, and tweaking all my presets at the same time to make them sounding the best that I can .

The thing is that slash is one of my favorite guitarist, and maybe I cannot admit that something with is name on it "sound like shit" .

Last edited:
Those would stay as well. Only things that don't do anything would go. Another example is, again, an AC-20. The amp has no Depth control and the control on the model does nothing.
Would it be easier to grey out the non working ones or leave those blank for the amps they don’t affect? Then the work flow wouldn’t have to be changed for people already using ideal. I don’t code but this seems it would be easier to implement?

I am actually fighting with the AFD (oh noooooo) trying to understand why that is the marshall in the unit that sound off compared to the others. Like you have a pillow in your ears. I dont know, there is something that make it sound dead inside. I know i know, it's boring. I know cliff once does an A/B, but the test is simple : just do 2 chords scrolling marshalls by default, when it is the afd turn... still dont know why the presence knob act like this to 9 to 10 ? can be that the culprid is the presence knob ? dont know. here is what I am actually doing, and tweaking all my presets at the same time to make them sounding the best that I can .

The thing is that slash is one of my favorite guitarist, and maybe I cannot admit that something with is name on it sound like shit .
Basically I wouldn't really stuck on the AFD. I would really take the Atomica or Splawn

Basically I wouldn't really stuck on the AFD. I would really take the Atomica or Splawn
yes but I do presets amps by amps, and I try to make them sounding the best that I can , and everytime it is the afd turn grrrr . well ... This is what I am doing.

the carvin legacy 3 vl300 it's the same . Both miss hair . so I try to give them hair :grinning: , this amp got tons of basses and mids . even with the bass at 1 it is too much

the bogner uberschall is mad too . I have the bass at 1 , the cut knob activated + a 120 hz bass cut and it still sound like a truck hahahah .

Last edited:
Reactions: hmj
I am actually fighting with the AFD (oh noooooo) trying to understand why is it the marshall in the unit that sound off compared to the others. Like you have a pillow in your ears. I dont know, there is something that make it sound dead inside. I know i know, it's boring. I know cliff once does an A/B, but the test is simple : just do 2 chords scrolling marshalls by default, when it is the afd turn... still dont know why the presence knob act like this to 9 to 10 ? is the presence knob the culprit ? dont know. here is what I am actually doing, and tweaking all my presets at the same time to make them sounding the best that I can .

The thing is that slash is one of my favorite guitarist, and maybe I cannot admit that something with is name on it "sound like shit" .
yeah, the afd is dead indeed... just choose cameron ccv 2A for that sound and be done with it ;)

yeah, the afd is dead indeed... just choose cameron ccv 2A and be done with it ;)
yep they are tons of others amps to play with sure . for example tonight I enjoy the RV50 a lot with the les paul .

the engl powerball is in the same team. I personnally own an engl fireball for 1 year, and this amp was ultra great, perfect clean and nice distortion. I remember that the powerball was less tight and more fuzzy globally dist-wise . but in the axe the sound is "distant" too with this amp. dont know how to say that, it s like the afd, when you play with it, it s like that the sound is .... far ? arf .. words . If one day we can have the fireball ... this amp is killer in high gain .

Let me explain my luv for Ideal page due to elderly mother in house I cant use my FRFR speakers at the moment - so its very valuable for headphone use - prob not a big deal for non headphone users I would assume

The quick access to Input Trim - Input boost - Fat - Bright Switch has been used a ton to blend with backing tracks

Reactions: jrx
yep they are tons of others amps to play with sure . for example tonight I enjoy the RV50 a lot with the les paul .

the engl powerball is in the same team. I personnally own an engl fireball for 1 year, and this amp was ultra great, perfect clean and nice distortion. I remember that the powerball was less tight and more fuzzy globally dist-wise . but in the axe the sound is "distant" too with this amp. dont know how to say that, it s like the afd, when you play with it, it s like that the sound is .... far ? arf .. words . If one day we can have the fireball ... this amp is killer in high gain .
I agree about engl powerball model and also the fireball is of the best engls. IMO, only the savage is one, that is even better, but all those invaders and smolski one and so on are not really better than fireball. that simple amp just works, like a jcm800 of engls.

When I was in my guitar store I have done a fun corner with the powerball, blackmore (great marshally one too ! ) and fireball . The fireball ends in my house hahaha (even if I always have a boogie in the same time)
ah that white marshall randy rhoads... that volume ! impossible to play with . I sold it to a guy that doesnt play guitar at all . he bought me this and a gibson lespaul, just to put it in his house because it "looks nice" (we were mad). I can write a book with all I have seen in this shop for 18 years ...
1669846_588391814616200_2918593145565606127_o.jpg
as you can see I was selling the whole randy rhoads stack for 2200 euros . Now it is on reverb at 5000 (head only) , and 8000 full stack . my gooooodddd .

this one is even better with the jubilee

12672183_816034698518576_7216356202673469187_o.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom