Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta

Ok, the clicking/static artifacts in the Reverb block are happening on all the reverb types in the Beta, not just the pitch shifted ones.

To recreate, pull up any reverb type, set mix to 100%, turn time up and size down. Hit a big chord and let it decay. It seems to do it more on low notes.

Edit: This is on a MK1 btw if that matters.

Last edited:
If you use the IR Player in parallel like that, make sure you adjust the block Level and not the Mix. Otherwise you'll blend dry amp block tone in with no IR's applied, which will be pretty screechy on high gain tones.

If you use the IR Player in parallel like that, make sure you adjust the block Level and not the Mix. Otherwise you'll blend dry amp block tone in with no IR's applied, which will be pretty screechy on high gain tones.
Yes, it's exactly what I did on the video above

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p01_beta4.zip

An updated version of Axe-Edit is forthcoming.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added 10 FullRes IRs to the Legacy bank provided by Valhallir and York Audio. These are at the end of the bank. These can be loaded into the IR Player blocks or into Slots 3 and 4 of the Cabinet blocks. Note that Slots 1 and 2 of the Cabinet blocks do not support FullRes.

Adjusted Looper behavior so that when reaching the maximum recording time the behavior switches to that defined by Record 2nd Press ONLY on the first pass of a new recording.

Added dedicated Pitch Shifting to the Reverb block. This can be used to create “Shimmer Reverbs” easier than using separate Pitch and Reverb blocks (and with less CPU usage). Several new types are included to demonstrate the capability.

Overhauled the Megatap block. See the updated Blocks Guide for details.
[Edit: Preview release here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/fas-guides/Megatap.pdf]

Fixed pressing Tuner button in Axe-Edit brings up Reverb UI.

Fixed Amp block power tube “kvb” not being set correctly in rare circumstances. This caused the output level of the amp block to change depending upon the previous preset used.

Fixed wrong B+ voltage for Temolo Lux amp model.

Fixed IR Capture not saving correctly if IR Type set to UltraRes.

Improved CPU usage.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Hey cliff, how many minutes of sleep do you get a night?

Hey Cliff, I think I have found a bug.
If I use the multiplexier with input 1 as the source, I lose all output signal, output leds go to full, and I need to reboot my mk1.

I found that this only happens when the multiplexer is connected to the rest of my signal chain, all the way to output1.
An unconnected multiplexer with input 1 as source doesn't lock up my unit.
Removing the reverb & pitch blocks from the chain doesn't help - the behaviour was the same.

Attached is my playground preset where I found the bug.
I do have a modifer on the input select of the modifer in this preset, but that is optional for the bug to trigger.

@FractalAudio

Attachments

• 2021.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Hey Cliff, I think I have found a bug.
If I use the multiplexier with input 1 as the source, I lose all output signal, output leds go to full, and I need to reboot my mk1.

I found that this only happens when the multiplexer is connected to the rest of my signal chain, all the way to output1.
An unconnected multiplexer with input 1 as source doesn't lock up my unit.
Removing the reverb & pitch blocks from the chain doesn't help - the behaviour was the same.

Attached is my playground preset where I found the bug.
I do have a modifer on the input select of the modifer in this preset, but that is optional for the bug to trigger.

@FractalAudio

Confirmed. I will post a fix later tonight or early tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom