• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx 3 Reamping with Audacity via USB, not working

Guitar Of Justice

Hello Internet!

I try to reamp with my new axe and it somehow not working with Audacity.

I have a DI-Guitar Track (not recorded with the axe) but I wanna use it. On my Kemper i set the output on Audacity to SPDIF Kemper and on the Kemper I set the input to SPDIF and voila there you go with reamping with audacity and kemper.

I installed the latest windows usb driver from the fractal download page.
On the axe I set Input 1 to USB in the global settings and on Audacity I set to the new appeared output called "Loudspeaker Axe-Fx III" (there is only this new output)
I also tried with the "Input USB"-Block, but I only here the DI-Sound mapped through the Axe to my Headphones.

I guess the output on the Audacity is the wrong? but How do I get this 5/6 usb output on Audacity?

Thank you guys in advance!

Guitar Of Justice

make sure you are using ASIO drivers in Audacity to see all the inputs and outputs.
There for I have to oben audacity with a software developer software, add the ASIO drivers and rebuild it? is that correct?

or is there a better free software for USB recording/reamping?

Budda

Fractal Fanatic
There for I have to oben audacity with a software developer software, add the ASIO drivers and rebuild it? is that correct?

or is there a better free software for USB recording/reamping?

Use reaper (and for $60usd, might as well buy it too). Lots of tutorials, threads and otherwise helpful info.

I had Audacity in high school and I don't miss it one bit.

mr_fender

Fractal Fanatic
No, just change the driver option on toolbar dropdown from WDM or MME to ASIO. Audacity supports ASIO drivers.

I prefer Reaper myself. It's free to try and only $60 for a personal license.

Last edited:

Guitar Of Justice

Use reaper (and for $60usd, might as well buy it too). Lots of tutorials, threads and otherwise helpful info.
I had Audacity in high school and I don't miss it one bit.
Nevermind. I forgot that the version of Audacity I have was compiled differently for ASIO support.
Give Reaper a try. It's small, fast, and updated constantly. http://reaper.fm/
Cakewalk by Bandlab is free to use also. https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk
I came along "Pro Tool First" and it's working now.

But it's very interessting because if I reamp with a kemper recorded DI guitar track it sounds very noicey and not right through the axe fx 3.
My reference at the moment is the "Looper" block.
Is it because I exported / inported it as a 320kbs mp3 file?

mr_fender

Fractal Fanatic
The Kemper's input might be normalized, which would boost any background noise. Record a DI track through the Axe III with a similar output guitar if possible and compare that track's level to the Kemper DI track.

Top Bottom