Axe-Fx 3 Reamping with Audacity via USB, not working

Hello Internet!

I try to reamp with my new axe and it somehow not working with Audacity.

I have a DI-Guitar Track (not recorded with the axe) but I wanna use it. On my Kemper i set the output on Audacity to SPDIF Kemper and on the Kemper I set the input to SPDIF and voila there you go with reamping with audacity and kemper.

I installed the latest windows usb driver from the fractal download page.
On the axe I set Input 1 to USB in the global settings and on Audacity I set to the new appeared output called "Loudspeaker Axe-Fx III" (there is only this new output)
I also tried with the "Input USB"-Block, but I only here the DI-Sound mapped through the Axe to my Headphones.

I guess the output on the Audacity is the wrong? but How do I get this 5/6 usb output on Audacity?

Thank you guys in advance!

make sure you are using ASIO drivers in Audacity to see all the inputs and outputs.
There for I have to oben audacity with a software developer software, add the ASIO drivers and rebuild it? is that correct?

or is there a better free software for USB recording/reamping?

There for I have to oben audacity with a software developer software, add the ASIO drivers and rebuild it? is that correct?

or is there a better free software for USB recording/reamping?

Use reaper (and for $60usd, might as well buy it too). Lots of tutorials, threads and otherwise helpful info.

I had Audacity in high school and I don't miss it one bit.

No, just change the driver option on toolbar dropdown from WDM or MME to ASIO. Audacity supports ASIO drivers.

I prefer Reaper myself. It's free to try and only $60 for a personal license.

Last edited:
Use reaper (and for $60usd, might as well buy it too). Lots of tutorials, threads and otherwise helpful info.
I had Audacity in high school and I don't miss it one bit.
Nevermind. I forgot that the version of Audacity I have was compiled differently for ASIO support.
Give Reaper a try. It's small, fast, and updated constantly. http://reaper.fm/
Cakewalk by Bandlab is free to use also. https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk
I came along "Pro Tool First" and it's working now.

But it's very interessting because if I reamp with a kemper recorded DI guitar track it sounds very noicey and not right through the axe fx 3.
My reference at the moment is the "Looper" block.
Is it because I exported / inported it as a 320kbs mp3 file?

The Kemper's input might be normalized, which would boost any background noise. Record a DI track through the Axe III with a similar output guitar if possible and compare that track's level to the Kemper DI track.

Back
Top Bottom