Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

I think even if you bring it back yourself you are still liable for duty. You could of course make sure the box was open and had been used and you could say you took it over for a gig and just brought it back, bring back a nice les paul just to make the story sound more beliveable haha oh and wear dark glasses and a silly hat at the airport and they may think your someone famous and rush you through

All true about being liable for duty, but in my experience (six separate occasions in the last five years) I have simply never been asked. On my last trip (with a Fractal Standard from Tone Merchants) I walked straight through Sydney customs with (genuine) receipt in hand and was not stopped. Luck of the draw obviously, but it's been pretty reliable so far. I've come back with a Pro-Tools rig on a different trip.

Hi Guys,

We're expecting a small amount of Axe-Fx II's at the end of this month and more a few weeks later, then more again in October.
Fractal Audio are getting Axe-Fx II's to us as soon as they can, there's just been a few hold ups with production.

We'll be contacting people on the waiting list as soon as we have a confirmed shipping date.

Price to be announce very soon.

Hi Guys,

We're expecting a small amount of Axe-Fx II's at the end of this month and more a few weeks later, then more again in October.
Fractal Audio are getting Axe-Fx II's to us as soon as they can, there's just been a few hold ups with production.

We'll be contacting people on the waiting list as soon as we have a confirmed shipping date.

Price to be announce very soon.
Finally, some good news!!! :D

But an announcement on price would be sooo much betterer 8).

Last edited:
I agree. It's great to get some news regarding availability but I think it's safe to say that 99% of us waiting are far more interested in knowing the price.

I don't care about the price, i just want one, more than happy to pay a premium to get one.

Thanks very much for the update andrew.

I've got two weeks holidays starting on the 5th of september, i'd be the happiest bugger in aus if i got my axe2 to play with over the break, it's my first holiday in over 5 years.

Don't like my chances, i reckon the waiting list would be pretty big by now, but here's hoping.

I've got two weeks holidays starting on the 5th of september, i'd be the happiest bugger in aus if i got my axe2 to play with over the break, it's my first holiday in over 5 years.

Don't like my chances, i reckon the waiting list would be pretty big by now, but here's hoping.
Did you get in early on the waiting list - or did you wait a little, like I did for details on Oz pricing? My finances aren't in great shape so the person after me on the list will probably end up getting "my" AxeFX :cry.

Did you get in early on the waiting list - or did you wait a little, like I did for details on Oz pricing? My finances aren't in great shape so the person after me on the list will probably end up getting "my" AxeFX :cry.

I got in really early. Price was not a concern at all, i knew it wouldn't cost me anymore than the ultra did and i am fine with that.

I'm June 26, so a full week off the start date (I was overseas).

I'm naively hoping that most people signed up the first day and for the next few days the list gets thin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom