Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

I got mine from the US, the $2700 included customs. I added it all together. It may have been +/- 10 dollars but no more than that.

It was something like $2400 (US, which at the time was like $2240) + 150 postage + customs/duties.

Keep in mind you could potentially run into warranty issues taking this route. If that doesn't bother you then all good :)

Cheers,
Steve

Yeah, warranty is the only difference (have to post it back to the US for warranty), but I highly doubt I'll have any issues. FAS build a great quality product and I'm sure there's a very low percentage that have problems.

most people i see selling from the u.s. are asking for the 'jump the line' price(minimum), once you stick freight and duties on that it's more than that.
You really did luck out, nice work.

Yeah, warranty is the only difference (have to post it back to the US for warranty), but I highly doubt I'll have any issues. FAS build a great quality product and I'm sure there's a very low percentage that have problems.

While Fractal are great guys they would be under no obligation to cover warranty on a second hand item. And granted that there is probably a low chance of failure any chance would be too great for me. I don't need a $3000 paper weight. But like I said, if you're happy with that all good.

Cheers.

I imported my Ultra from the USA in the early days.
When it failed i had to pay locally for repair.
'Thems the breaks'.

PEAK Midi Foot controller For Sale $180.00 + Freight

Hi Folks, I just ordered a MFC-101 from IM, so the PEAK FCB8N is for sale.

[FCB8N] Programmable MIDI Foot Controller

I have been using it live for the past two months and it works just fine with the Axe. I have been using a Voodoolab GCX to power it via the phantom power (because this is how it was powered in my old rig) but it can be powered from the Axe directly using a 7 pin midi cable. The main reason I upgraded was so that my old eyes can see the patch names and tuner right in front of me instead of looking back at the rack. Probably a LOT cheaper to have eye surgery :)

If you are interested just give me a msg or call on 0417 952 563

Cheers Simon ( o )===:::

While Fractal are great guys they would be under no obligation to cover warranty on a second hand item. And granted that there is probably a low chance of failure any chance would be too great for me. I don't need a $3000 paper weight. But like I said, if you're happy with that all good.

Cheers.

No warranty doesn't mean you end up with a $3000 paper weight. it just means that you have to pay for your repairs. you'd have to do the same anyway when your warranty runs out.

No warranty doesn't mean you end up with a $3000 paper weight. it just means that you have to pay for your repairs. you'd have to do the same anyway when your warranty runs out.
When your warranty runs out.... exactly. Round trip shipping to the US would be pretty pricey if it's something a local tech can't manage not to mention component cost if say one of your DSPs cooks. But obviously that's a worst case scenario. I'm just saying it's a risk I'd rather not take. YMMV

Cheers.

When your warranty runs out.... exactly. Round trip shipping to the US would be pretty pricey if it's something a local tech can't manage not to mention component cost if say one of your DSPs cooks. But obviously that's a worst case scenario. I'm just saying it's a risk I'd rather not take. YMMV

Cheers.

pretty sure there is a local tech in Aus...but I'd imagine even if there was a problem there wouldnt be any parts to fix it since we can't ever get the 2's here yet :D

So what do people think? IM quietly sold off their first small batch or Fractal didn't come through?

Cheers.

Maybe IM will do the same as the fractal store, wait for your ticket or jump the que with your wallet. I hope not

So what do people think? IM quietly sold off their first small batch or Fractal didn't come through?

Cheers.

Fractal didn't come through I reckon.
This happened with mfc's and ultras too, fractal would tell them one thing then not come through, I think that's why IM are tight lipped this time around.
Having said that if IM did sell off a batch already I'd be pissed as I am sure I would have been at the top of the list.

Back
Top Bottom