Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

This is wild and unfounded speculation, but I wonder if IM would ever consider "legitimising" a grey import (for a fee obviously). It would probably add another couple of hundred to the price, but at least we could get delivery sooner.

I am suspecting with the way the exchange rates are fluctuating we won't get a price until the units ship to IM. Which is probably fairest for everyone. Tough but fair.

Cheers,
Steve

Well the final price will be negatively influenced by
*international shipping
*higher warranty insurance costs (IM will need to be insured against loss in the case where a unit needs to be returned to the US)
*GST
*IM's entitlement to make a profit (please let's have no-one dispute that)

On the other hand it will be positively influenced by
*a favourable exchange rate
*Whatever wholesale price IM are paying (I'd presume somewhere between 60% and 75% of retail).

I ran all this through (using a $1.05 exchange rate and some other unverified assumptions) and came up with a figure of AU$3200, based on the retail of US$2600.

I have no idea if I am even close to correct, but hey, it's not like we have anything else to do at the moment.

I ran all this through (using a $1.05 exchange rate and some other unverified assumptions) and came up with a figure of AU$3200, based on the retail of US$2600.

I have no idea if I am even close to correct, but hey, it's not like we have anything else to do at the moment.

Cool, but wouldn't it be based off the $2199 price? I'd hardly say we were line jumpers :D

Cheers
Steve

Cool, but wouldn't it be based off the $2199 price? I'd hardly say we were line jumpers :D

Cheers
Steve
Yep - pretty sure it's $2199. I think that was confirmed from the G66 guys, that the OS dealers are part of the 'waiting list'

Oh shite ... apart from my finances not being in great shape after a medical condition and surgery earlier in the year, I just got a call from the mechanic and the bill is going to 4 figures :-x, to get the car up and running. So there is not enough money in the coffers for an Axe FX this side of a reindeers fart, no matter what the price ends up being.

I guess you can't miss what you never had ;).

I wouldn't worry by the time we get them here you will have been able to save enough for three of them.

Well on a base price of $2199 (instead of the original $2599) my Excel spreadsheet is now predicting AU$2720.

Of course, that presumes the base price promise will actually be honoured. We shall see.

Well on a base price of $2199 (instead of the original $2599) my Excel spreadsheet is now predicting AU$2720.

Of course, that presumes the base price promise will actually be honoured. We shall see.
That would be my guess - $2700-$2800

Hey Guys

I know we have to patient especially here in Australia but also being persistent - so bump!!
Any news??
Dieter

Its been very quiet round here so im guesing the two units have left the states and should be in oz very soon........

So depressing every time I jump on this thread and no updates :(

I'd get annoyed but obviously it's outside of their hands... I mean no company doesn't want to make money, I'm sure if they had a way to get them out the door they would.

The issue clearly is with Fractal not delivering, it is completely out of IMs hands. It is depressing, but there's nothing that can be done about it. Can't even order direct from Fractal for a premium as they aren't shipping internationally.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom