Axe-Fest Live Report

I must add that one of my best memories from the show is of Cliff grinning like a kid in a candy store while he cranked up FOUR pairs of FRFR systems all at once (RCF, JBL and Matrix in front, another set behind) in the demo room for a glorious, loud, massive, loud and totally rocking surround system (did I mention that it was LOUD?:))

Talk about your total AxeFX nirvana!

TT

I must add that one of my best memories from the show is of Cliff grinning like a kid in a candy store while he cranked up FOUR pairs of FRFR systems all at once (RCF, JBL and Matrix in front, another set behind) in the demo room for a glorious, loud, massive, loud and totally rocking surround system (did I mention that it was LOUD?:))

Talk about your total AxeFX nirvana!

TT

I have a dream of one day renting an IMAX theater for an hour and playing my Axe II through that system. :)

I don't even remember this lol. I can assure you I use the noise gate religiously. I even use a Decimator ProRack G on my tube rig.
I love silence when I'm not playing :)

Would have loved to been there, but it's a bit of a drive from central valley CA all the way to Hollywood. Maybe San Francisco for the next West Axe-Fest? :D

Didn't you know? We're a bunch of middle aged geezers with the scattered young'un in between.

You're the young'un. :D :eek:ops

This here ole geezer is very jealous of you at the moment.

Either one of three things necessary to own an Axe-FX: independently wealthy, still living with the parents or ludicrously crazy about guitars. I'm afraid it takes a while to get wealthy enough to be able to spend several grand on guitar gear and not get in trouble with the missus.

That's right, although at 53 I'm not quite ready to completely embrace the geezer tag. *LOL* That said, I've no desire to be 21 again and it is rather comforting to be among so many in the same age group. Thankfully, there's no Mrs. here for me to have to get pre-approval from. ;-) All hail middle-aged Axe-FX using rockers!

This is right, except clarify that the speaker Eric Johnson uses that James Santiago referenced is an Eminence. We'll get James's IRs for both the Altec (great for clean sparkly tones with chime) and the Eminence EJ250 (for leads and dirty rhythm) when Fractal starts the Artist portion of Axe-Change.

Considering EJ has a signature Eminence speaker, I sure hope he uses it. LOL I personally am psyched for both!

a few of us drove in from Phoenix AZ. I paid over $5 a gallon for gas in CA. for the first time (pretty sure it won't be the last)
Definitely worth it!

Back
Top Bottom