Axe-Fest II

did anyone happen to capture this on tape? would love to see it as well as for those who couldn't not afford or attend.

My opinion:If its about money,then have it like a pay per view event and stream it world wide,think of how many people would attend,unlike what looks like the 20 or so that are there.

It's not about the money. It's about the time it takes. It's about the artists and presenters permission to release etc. that I have explained on NUMEROUS posts in last years threads and THIS thread prior to the event.

Since everyone seems to think it's such a simple and obvious thing to do I am sure we will have numerous volunteers to make it happen next year. :)

And there were 100+ attendees in the room for most presentations and performances.

Felix Martin - "Radio active Spyder hands"

Felix Martin - This guy is uber talented - knowledgeable and his desire to explore untested patterns lead him to create this Gibson L-5 inspired elegant BEAST. After spending some time with Felix - I realized that he is not only a scientist of the fret board, he is a very funny and cool guy as well. Google him if you would like to see some very unique playing
IMG_1669.jpg
IMG_1668.jpg
IMG_1666.jpg

I was to understand from one of the presenters that the presentation slides will be made available in a while.
Many of the presenters, vendors are probably sleeping in today after a full weekend, then starting their flights/drives back home to about a billion emails.
Give them a week and I am sure lots of info/movies/presentation notes will start becoming available.
I am shocked how well Yek remembered and printed out so much of Cliff's presentation. Many of the slides did help to tie the pieces together.
Cliff's "chat" was supposed to be 45 min to an hour, but he was chatting for almost two hours. It seemed like 15min.
So much to learn, to much to remember, so much to understand how much the AFX can do. Overwhelming.
Review the info Yek typed up and you will get a big part of what Cliff had to say. There was much more and hopefully a video will refresh my memory.

Thanks for the info.
Interested in learning more about both the FRFR2x12 and the NL212 --- I already have 2 NL12 cabs which are just off the charts crazy good.

Somewhat overwhelming amount of info throughout the two days so memory may not be entirely accurate, but from chatting with James(?) in the Matrix rooms, the passive FRFR 2x12 should be available this week, about 8 weeks before the active will be available. Price about 950 US passive, approx 1200 active (not sure they've definitively set yet). The white amps were GT1000's supposedly just for the show - not sure they will produce those. They're waiting for the amp module for the powered version, think they said it would be about 800w, speakers are 250w/12 inch and 60w for the compression driver (560 total), weight allegedly 20kg so about 44 lbs. As to sound - pretty massive in the demos and definitely go LOUD - would love to compare to my CLRs, really can't because only heard with rather heavy guitar riffs and not with a source that allows to compare the high end. But from the brief exposure these should be considered as an option as a 4x12 replacement - they can definitely move some air.

Yes, Andy Wood was great! And still human.

It was great to meet him, and see the big shots of amp building such as Bogner, Friedman etc. And the guys from Matrix, Mission, OwnHammer. Loved the Santiago band.

But most of all it was fun to meet the fellow forum and beta team members. We watched the performances, assisted where we could, ate together, had laughs etc. It was a blast.
And..... YEK even got to eat his 1st IN-and-OUT Burger - Welcome to So Cal - So nice to finally meet Mr. Van Engelen, the Wizard of OZ of our Forum.

Here are the slides from Cliffs presentation. A couple of the graphs are washed out. This will get you by until they can post the Powerpoint slides.

A67o3Us.jpg

sJjYnFu.jpg

TSQOpFl.jpg

oWII9f3.jpg

kEF7zJD.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom