Axe-Edit III 1.03.11

That works, but makes it a two handed operation, which isn’t as easy to do, it would be good to be able to set the step size in the settings menu, or have default as single steps and use CTRL to give bigger steps when needed.
It does fall in line with many other mouseable controls, though. Mouse goes a bit fast or in big-ish steps, and slows down for finer control when holding down Ctrl. It prevents KAOS from taking over your settings, and prevents you from missing it "by that much", which obviates the need to say, "Sorry about that, Chief." ;)

I noticed yesterday (before updating this afternoon) that AXE-Edit has started to crash/lock up on me a couple of times. The last time I had the program minimized, and I could not get it to maximize or restore, so I had to kill it in Task Manager. This happened both before I installed the update and after. Not a serious problem, but is happened a couple of times over the last two or three days. Has anyone else had these problems? Once my PC is up and running, I tend to leave AXE Edit up and running, whether the AXE FXIII is on or not. That may cause a problem, but it shouldn't. Yes, I have rebooted my PC, and my PC running Windows 10 is fully updated, running an i9 processor with 32 GB of RAM, and SSD, Dell XPS desktop.

I've had Axe Edit 1.03.11 crash on me a few times while editing cabs to where I have to both shut down the unit and restart the software. Reverting to 1.03.10 for now.

Thanks for the update Michael :)

I noticed that any preset I select is displayed as "edited" (the SAVE button is yellow), is that a new normal behavior with Axe-Edit ?

I also noticed that scrolling though cabinets with the mousewheel goes +10 or -10, not +1 and -1, is there a way to set it to +1/-1 without having to use the control key ?

Last edited:
Auto-update still not working here, stopped earlier in the year. Wonder if the others that had this issue are still having it?

Thanks for the update Michael :)

I noticed that any preset I select is displayed as "edited" (the SAVE button is yellow), is that a new normal behavior with Axe-Edit ?

I also noticed that scrolling though cabinets with the mousewheel goes +10 or -10, not +1 and -1, is there a way to set it to +1/-1 without having to use the control key ?
Did you change the global setting that updates the default Impedance Curve? If not, that will happen even on the front panel.

Did you change the global setting that updates the default Impedance Curve? If not, that will happen even on the front panel.
Thanks, I didn't. So what's the good strategy here, save all presets with the correct impedance curve, right ?

Thanks, I didn't. So what's the good strategy here, save all presets with the correct impedance curve, right ?
I'm still undecided... Right now I've saved one that I changed from the new default but leaving everything else alone.

Depends on what you want.

- If you prefer the new impedance curves, then save. No more "Edited" light.

- If you prefer the old curves but want to test the new ones, don't save. Just live with the light.

- If you globally prefer the old impedance curves, change the global setting so the update doesn't happen.

That works, but makes it a two handed operation, which isn’t as easy to do, it would be good to be able to set the step size in the settings menu, or have default as single steps and use CTRL to give bigger steps when needed.

I was thinking the same thing, with knobs it's the ability to fine tune holding ctrl, but with cab browsing it would be better for it to scroll by +/- 1 at a time, and holding ctrl makes the +/- 10 jumps

Back
Top Bottom