Axe-Edit III 1.00.00

How I do it:
  1. Call up an empty preset
  2. Select: Preset > Save as Template...
  3. Save it as a template
Then when I want to re-initialize any preset to an empty state I select Preset > New from Template... from the menu and select my saved, empty template file.
This is one of those very practial and yet “duh, why didn’t I think of that” suggestions that I’m kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Thanks for the suggestion iarsee!

That being said... gotta admit I do kinda miss the command+shift+delete, command+shift+i functions of classic Axe-Edit, if for no other reason than muscle memory alone. Ah well, progress marches on ;)

That being said... gotta admit I do kinda miss the command+shift+delete, command+shift+i functions of classic Axe-Edit, if for no other reason than muscle memory alone. Ah well, progress marches on ;)
Me too, but I'm holding the small requests for later -- I want to see how the quick setup feature progresses before I ask for everything old to be made new again. ;)

Me too, but I'm holding the small requests for later -- I want to see how the quick setup feature progresses before I ask for everything old to be made new again. ;)
Hah, I feel you there, I’ve put off requesting if the functionality that allowed “Reset Block” to retain the Type parameter (especially for drive blocks) could be restored, for the same reasons.

Figure I can at least let ‘em focus on FC and/or Axe-Change functionality, or other improvements I didn’t even know I wanted (like amp info or global block indicators), before I start asking if I can bum some spare change.:)

Last edited:
How I do it:
  1. Call up an empty preset
  2. Select: Preset > Save as Template...
  3. Save it as a template
Then when I want to re-initialize any preset to an empty state I select Preset > New from Template... from the menu and select my saved, empty template file.

Thank you so much

yes , i had seen on your website,the work you`ve doing on the other projects,,Good to hear from you,and looking forward to your presets.
Maybe you wanted to quote me, not Chris ? :)

I must say, I really love this Axe-Edit III. Tons of well thought design ideas. Congrats again to Michael Pickens and the whole Fractal team.

What happened to the handles for dragging rows and/or columns? They seem to have disappeared, or am I missing something?

Is it just me or does Revert Preset currently not do anything? Also trying to copy an Amp Block channel to the clipboard and paste it to a particular channel in another preset and it always pastes it to channel A of that block.

If "Ignore Redundant PC" is set to ON the "Revert Preset" function doesn't work, if "Ignore Redundant PC" is set to OFF the "Revert Preset" function is working as it should.
If you try to adjust tempo under Controllers -> Tempo by clicking the adjusting knob and dragging the mouse, the tempo doesn't change and the knob jumps back at its original value as soon as you release the left button of the mouse.

Will the editor ever include amps graphics and design like lets say Amplitube? othe experience would be so amazing if that ever happened

Back
Top Bottom