Axe-Edit III 1.00.00

Ok, I'm sure that I am doing something wrong, but I have downloaded Axe-Edit 1.0 (and 1.16 beta 2) on my Windows 7 machine. I am on the Speaker Drive page of the Amp block and I don't seem to have a Output Mode option. What am I doing wrong?
There is Spkr Drive, Spkr Compression and Spkr Time Constant. Other than Gain, Level, Balance, Input Select and Bypass Mode on the right side, that's it.
I tried Refresh after new FW.
Any suggestions?

Fremen, its good to see you chiming in again.
Hope you been catching up your rest ,
Anxiously waiting for your AXE FX III preset`s .
you didn't hear from me because I wanted to finish my "to do" list for my other processors, including the Axe-Fx II and the AX8. I'm almost done now and I'll be on the Axe-FX III full time. You can expect many videos, and new presets of course !

AXE 3 PRESETS.jpg P1020830__.jpg

upload_2018-10-2_17-48-4.png

AxeEditIII v 1.0
I'm getting this error when trying to copy a Delay &/or Reverb block into another row. Since they aren't 'Output Blocks' I'm wondering why I can't paste & why the error refers to Output blocks. CPU @76% and using outputs 1,3 & 4. Firmware 1.16b2 on Axe.

I can add a new block by dragging from quickbuild view, but can't copy & paste.

Can someone please see if the same problem exists?

Edit: I actually can't copy & paste any block.

Edit 2: On another preset, if I copy a Delay block, an output 4 Block is pasted in....something funky goin on here.

OK, I've given myself an uppercut punch. Performed "refresh after new FW" and all is well. :oops:

As you were.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 49879

AxeEditIII v 1.0
I'm getting this error when trying to copy a Delay &/or Reverb block into another row. Since they aren't 'Output Blocks' I'm wondering why I can't paste & why the error refers to Output blocks. CPU @76% and using outputs 1,3 & 4. Firmware 1.16b2 on Axe.

I can add a new block by dragging from quickbuild view, but can't copy & paste.

Can someone please see if the same problem exists?

Edit: I actually can't copy & paste any block.

Edit 2: On another preset, if I copy a Delay block, an output 4 Block is pasted in....something funky goin on here.

OK, I've given myself an uppercut punch. Performed "refresh after new FW" and all is well. :oops:

As you were.
i've added a strike through to your post. i read through it line by line trying to recreate the issue, then read the last line that it was not a bug. :(

Ok, I'm sure that I am doing something wrong, but I have downloaded Axe-Edit 1.0 (and 1.16 beta 2) on my Windows 7 machine. I am on the Speaker Drive page of the Amp block and I don't seem to have a Output Mode option. What am I doing wrong?
There is Spkr Drive, Spkr Compression and Spkr Time Constant. Other than Gain, Level, Balance, Input Select and Bypass Mode on the right side, that's it.
I tried Refresh after new FW.
Any suggestions?
are you talking about this:
Added Output Mode to Amp block. The default value, FRFR, is the classic mode and designed for use with monitors or recording. The SS PA + Cab mode is intended for use with a solid-state power amp and conventional guitar cab. In this mode speaker compression modeling behaves differently relying on the speaker for compression while still simulating the interaction with the power amp. NOTE: this mode is not intended for use with current drive power amps, i.e. tube power amps, Class-D current feedback amps (Quilter Tone Block), etc. NOTE: this mode CAN be used with FRFR monitors in high volume applications where the monitor’s speakers are compressing thereby achieving a more dynamic response.
it's on the Power Amp page. did something say it was specifically on the Speaker Drive page?Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 8.42.37 PM.png

Thanks for this :)
Small bug ? When I click on Refresh/Cab names, it doesn't refresh the cab names but read the block definitions. Or, this is the message that I get
i don't experience that. it refreshes cab names for me:Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 8.44.19 PM.png

Worked great last night. Looks like the copy channel function between different presets doesn't bug out anymore. Thanks for the effort!

thanks Michael and crew... AxeEditing is a real treat now! .........though I sure hope our friends in Cupertino help y’all fix this nasty Logic Pro conflict soon!

are you talking about this:

it's on the Power Amp page. did something say it was specifically on the Speaker Drive page?

View attachment 49882
Added support for firmware 1.16
  • Added "Output Mode" to AMP block "Speaker Drive" page.
  • Added "Freq Range" and "Crossover Slope" to MULTIBAND COMPRESSOR

This is off of the first post.

But thanks Chris. As long as I know where to look. I'm happy.

Added support for firmware 1.16
  • Added "Output Mode" to AMP block "Speaker Drive" page.
  • Added "Freq Range" and "Crossover Slope" to MULTIBAND COMPRESSOR

This is off of the first post.

But thanks Chris. As long as I know where to look. I'm happy.
During testing I originally placed the control on the Speaker Page but then shuffled the Power Amp page to make room. I guess I forgot to update the release notes. D'oh.

I know there's been discussion on AXE-Edit III not working with DAW's such as Logic & Pro Tools open.

I'm happy to report that I am successfully using it with Pro Tools right now. Interestingly, it only works if I open Pro Tools first then Axe Edit. I don't know if this was an intentional fix or a lucky spin-off. In any case this is FANTASTIC!
I'm on Pro Tools v11HD

thank you. is there a short cut for mac to clear/delete a whole preset without having to go into axe-manage to clear one or having to delete blocks one at a time?

thank you. is there a short cut for mac to clear/delete a whole preset without having to go into axe-manage to clear one or having to delete blocks one at a time?

How I do it:
  1. Call up an empty preset
  2. Select: Preset > Save as Template...
  3. Save it as a template
Then when I want to re-initialize any preset to an empty state I select Preset > New from Template... from the menu and select my saved, empty template file.

Back
Top Bottom