AXE 8 VS. Helix GAME Over!!!

Same cab block as the AxeII. One amp/One cab block per preset in the AX8. A cab block can run two IR's simultneously.

From the product page: 130+ factory IR slots, 512 user IR slots.

I'm curious why the limitation with the amp and cab blocks? I mean I realize this is a smaller unit with less horsepower than the Axe Fx II, but why not just limit CPU and effects based on overall processing power - like if I have enough for 2 amps and 2 cabs but then only Reverb and no more effects - why not do that?

Why is AX8 so much more limited than Helix overall with amps, cabs, and effects - if they are using the same hardware?

Why limit it as an audio interface when Helix can do that too (again because of processing power)?

Are there any other hardware units that allow infinite instances until CPU is used up? It seems they all need to know exactly how many of each can be used.

The questions comparing it to the Helix have been answered already, but in short, quality over quantity. The AX8 isn't a Helix. The parts used do not define the outcome.

Why is AX8 so much more limited than Helix overall with amps, cabs, and effects - if they are using the same hardware?

Why limit it as an audio interface when Helix can do that too (again because of processing power)?

These questions have been discussed and answered several times. Use the search engine.

A single AxeFX amp model uses the entire processing power of one of the chips.

The AX8 was designed for the stage. An audio interface is not necessary.

I really just wanted a fully featured Axe Fx II in a floor pedal - don't care the cost. Maybe they'll still do that one day.

The AX8 will still be cool I'm sure but I'm curious to see just how limited it is beyond what we already know - which I guess is 1 amp 1 cab.

No, but I'd pay equivalent to whatever the latest rack unit cost.

I guess even a bit more considering there's more that goes into it with the switches and controls and all. But not too overboard.

The AxeFX has a fan and a heat sync. Neither of these lend themselves to a floor unit.

Ditto!! That's what I wanted as well... A floor model Axe FX XL..( with LED scribble strips).. :)

I really just wanted a fully featured Axe Fx II in a floor pedal - don't care the cost. Maybe they'll still do that one day.

The AX8 will still be cool I'm sure but I'm curious to see just how limited it is beyond what we already know - which I guess is 1 amp 1 cab.

forget all that noise....i want the TONES that the Axe brings. If you are editing that much at a gig that you need that display and all that other stuff you aren't handling your business beforehand.

i know what every button on my MFC does without having multicolor glow in the dark holographic strips. i've gigged the crap out of it for years and it's never let me down or left me wanting in anyway. don't get sucked in by bells and whistles.

[speculation]
The Axe-Fx 3 flagship will come in rack or floorboard format. Meantime, look for the AX8 equivalent rackmount for around $1000.
[/speculation]

[speculation]
The Axe-Fx 3 flagship will come in rack or floorboard format. Meantime, look for the AX8 equivalent rackmount for around $1000.
[/speculation]

Do any of your pedals or floor controllers have cooling fans? Because 2 TigerSHARCs on the floor would need fans, heatsinks, the works.

Surprised this thread continues with such gusto! The game can't be over; one team hasn't even shown up yet.

For me, the Axe Fx as a floor pedal already exists in the form of the Axe Fx and a floor pedal (MFC, LF, whatever). A cable to connect them isn't all that much extra effort. I even recall seeing a pedalboard here some time back that mounted the Axe Fx into the pedalboard. It can be done now, if that's what you want or need.

The AX8, as has been said many times (including by Cliff Chase), is not intended as a replacement for, or fully featured alternative to, the Axe Fx. It's a stripped down version with all the amps/cabs/effects/routing most players need to gig, at an aggressive price point. If it sounds as good as I expect it to, it will have accomplished its mission exactly. I'm not saying they'll never make a full-Axe-Fx-in-a-monstrously-large-all-in-one-box-pedalboard-format, but that's not what this one is about.

The only "GAME OVER" I want to see is the waiting game!

forget all that noise....i want the TONES that the Axe brings. If you are editing that much at a gig that you need that display and all that other stuff you aren't handling your business beforehand.

i know what every button on my MFC does without having multicolor glow in the dark holographic strips. i've gigged the crap out of it for years and it's never let me down or left me wanting in anyway. don't get sucked in by bells and whistles.

The MFC has a LOT more switches, so you can program every preset the same. The AX8 is totally different. If you use 20 presets and assign your switches very differently in all those presets, you need a photographic memory.

Essentially, you're talking apples and oranges regarding your MFC and the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom