AX8 V2.02 Release Available Now!

So, I had a two hour break from the first guests left till the next ones arrived - I saw my chance and took it. I updated my Ax8. In the second, I finished the backup and update, the wife called out and said: "Remember, it is time for the patio spring cleaning dear!". Imagine my dismay. The next set of guests has just arrived, and I still had no chance to play with the new FW

Well I updated 2 hours ago....and can't stop playing.
What a great box. Easy to setup with my footswitch layout.
And 1 amp, 1 cab and a great sound w/o any tweaks.

Not the mention the Satch amps. Those are crazy :)

Cliff and FAS. A big thank you.
Best investment ever for my guitar!!

I think there're a bug with the latest version of AX8 edit on mac, I can not seem to put the tempo 1 / 8dot 1/8 or it no longer works. At home too?

If a parameter is being wonky after the update and you've already hit the "Refresh after FW Update", try rebooting your AX8. My input drive parameter on the amp block wasn't working after I first updated (this was of course after the initial "wait 5 seconds and reboot" reboot after the full update). When I rebooted (a second time), it was working as expected and has worked since.

What is a learn function in multi delay?

In the Rhythm Tap Delay type of the Multi-Delay block, there is a Learn function on the Axe-Fx II. It allows you to use the Enter button to tap out a specific rhythm. Indeed, it isn't available on the AX8, but the Rhythm delay can still be configured manually.

Ok. This thing is amazing. This was the real test for me, as I've been waiting for the new Satriani models. Running through a Matrix GT1000 into a Mesa 2x12, I was able to clone my real JVM HJS rig in about two minutes. I might allow myself to take the plastic cover off the screen now. Big thanks to all at Fractal for your work on this.

In the Rhythm Tap Delay type of the Multi-Delay block, there is a Learn function on the Axe-Fx II. It allows you to use the Enter button to tap out a specific rhythm. Indeed, it isn't available on the AX8, but the Rhythm delay can still be configured manually.
oh neat. i never use that block so i didn't know :)

Back
Top Bottom