AX8 Synth Block?..

I'm pretty sure it has the Synth block.
That's outstanding!:D I stopped listening to Axe synth sounds that are posted because I didn't want to be let down when it didn't end up being there. There are some nice sounds on some of the synth module clips!:cool:

I'm pretty sure it has the Synth block.

Holy shit!
0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

-
Austin

Oh man, Rent. That would be a tough one. JJSS stretched me, in a good way.

Yeah, I had to cover all guitars, including immediate change to acoustic, and the synth part. Made me realize that, even though I don't read charts as well as I'd like (being a classical guitarist), that I could do it. The frustrating part is that, as a classical guitarist, I'm used to composers actually writing what they want us to play. (Not to mention actually understanding the idiosyncrasies of the instrument.) LOL!

i almost played guitar here for a production of Rent! but i ended up playing drums instead. i think the axe definitely would have improved that production's sound quality....

Maybe the Synth Block could do with a revamp? Many possibilities there for some cool new tones and textures.

Keep in mind, the reason it's not in FX8 firmware to date, and still questionable for FX8 or AX8 now, is that it's CPU intensive. Maybe they found some CPU optimization and managed to shoehorn it in there so it can function, but don't expect it to work in a preset loaded up with a bunch of other FX like the Axe-Fx could.

Keep in mind, the reason it's not in FX8 firmware to date, and still questionable for FX8 or AX8 now, is that it's CPU intensive. Maybe they found some CPU optimization and managed to shoehorn it in there so it can function, but don't expect it to work in a preset loaded up with a bunch of other FX like the Axe-Fx could.

According to the CPU usage chart Chris did, it is not very CPU intensive at all! ~ 5%

also note that it's not JUST about how much CPU a block uses when loaded, but also about if the unit has the memory space store the data to even have that block at all.

The next question for me is 1 or 2! We always want more haha. Although a lot of my synth presets use two blocks but 1 is SURE better than none and will help my transition. I just can't resist the portability this will bring me.

Back
Top Bottom