AX8 Synth Block?..

joebalaguer

I searched the forum to see if this has been answered already, but came up with nothing. Did anyone at The Amp Show happen to see a synth block on the AX8? I really would like to utilize the synth block, especially for the Atmosynth/Fremen stuff!

I didn't see it listed, and seem to recall someone saying the synth block was very processor hungry. The home page does say "many more" so you never know. According to the main man, some of us are slated to find out for sure in the next few days. You can hope!

I would expect the AX8 to have the synth block, but dont know for sure. The AX8 seems to mirror the Axe FX II, so I am going on the assumption that it has everything the Axe has, but just one instance of certain FX.

That's a pretty bad assumption, when the FX8 does not have a Synth block, and I think they use the same FX processor. Pretty sure it doesn't have one, I could be wrong!

I thought Fas said exclusions were Vocoder ,Synth, Resonator ,Multiband compression and a few others .
might have changed though since then

It is hard to give up some of what the Axe II has and transition to the AX8. I'll miss the synth block the most, but the portability is going to be worth it for me.

I thought Fas said exclusions were Vocoder ,Synth, Resonator ,Multiband compression and a few others .
might have changed though since then

Wasn't that the list from the FX8? Pretty sure the FX8 is running its own firmware, so it could have different FX\options.

As far as I know, the AX8 has the same Effects blocks as the FX8. How does it in your mind make sense that the AX8 would include these effects, but the specialized effects floorboard that ONLY does effects does not?

The FX8 was never going to be a floor based Axe FX, but that is what I am expecting from the AX8... Can FAS put out some details on this thing already

The AX8 is not a floor based Axe FX as such either, if the FX8 isn't. Basically the FX8 and AX8 are the same essentially, but one has another processor for amp blocks and cabs. So some compromises were made. No synth block, etc.

The FX8 was never going to be a floor based Axe FX, but that is what I am expecting from the AX8... Can FAS put out some details on this thing already

The very first comment Cliff made about AX8 after he first leaked a teaser picture way back when:

"It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price."

I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

I needed the synth block for one key part of Jesus Christ Superstar. But, thankfully, it's rare for me to need it, even though it's awesome to have it. We're approaching a situation where I may need to sell my Axe FX rig, and downsize. (Darn car accident and insurance companies!)

This is a little off-topic, but, I did so much for that show. No way I could have done everything without my Axe FX. It was a good experience. Challenging, and an overall good learning opportunity. Getting asked to volunteer was a big pill to swallow, given the total time involved and the cost of my gear. (They did give me $100...) But, once you start volunteering, get ready for more. I rocked the gig, and was proud of it. It completely changed the theater's performance, in all honesty.

I needed the synth block for one key part of Jesus Christ Superstar.
i almost played guitar here for a production of Rent! but i ended up playing drums instead. i think the axe definitely would have improved that production's sound quality....

It is definitely not a deal breaker for me, but it would be cool if they offered the synth block and others later on to purchase. Yeah it uses up DSP, but I for one do not care about using 4 other effects along with the synth block. Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom