AX8-Edit 1.8.1 Released

Refreshing block definitions is necessary each time a new model is added
You have to refresh manually typically if you install a Beta. AX8-Edit only refreshes automatically when it "sees" a version change in the firmware.

Ok, but dont think i didn't do anything different from past firmwares that have added new models of drive blocks or amps like when the timothy drive was added. I had updated and saw the Shimmer in the AX8 OS but hadn't had a chance to try the new AX8Edit with it until last night.

Would be good that Axe Edit did this automatically regardless of a beta or goldmaster.

Thanks.

My block defintions have been updating automatically as soon as I connect the AX8 to the computer.

I get a screen that lasts about 20 secoends or so while goes thru all blocks. I'm pretty sure I'm not being prompted or anything, it just does it.
Reading the block definitions isn't the same thing as reading the block library (which happens every time you start he editor).

I can't connect AX8 with AX8Edit. I updated both to the newest versions- I even updated AX8Edit twice, but no dice. Any help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 5.21.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 5.21.18 PM.png
    180 KB · Views: 11
I can't connect AX8 with AX8Edit. I updated both to the newest versions- I even updated AX8Edit twice, but no dice. Any help?
Close Chrome. All things Chrome. Then, once AX8-Edit and the AX8 are connected, start Chrome.

Ok, but dont think i didn't do anything different from past firmwares that have added new models of drive blocks or amps like when the timothy drive was added. I had updated and saw the Shimmer in the AX8 OS but hadn't had a chance to try the new AX8Edit with it until last night.

Would be good that Axe Edit did this automatically regardless of a beta or goldmaster.

Thanks.
when a model said to be in a firmware is missing, it means that you need to refresh the definitions. That's a reflex I have

Greetings. I've recently purchased, in fact tomorrow will mark the return deadline- ain't goin' to happen, as I'm a very happy customer. I've started to work with the software side and last night updated to the recent Firmware version. what is the "Refresh" option?

regards,

FusionState.

Greetings. I've recently purchased, in fact tomorrow will mark the return deadline- ain't goin' to happen, as I'm a very happy customer. I've started to work with the software side and last night updated to the recent Firmware version. what is the "Refresh" option?
Which Refresh option. There's more than one.

I'll ask again, every version: Would it be possible to keep the previous installation path in the installer? It's nothing new, and it saves time.
I NEVER use the default installation paths, neither should anyone.

I'll ask again, every version: Would it be possible to keep the previous installation path in the installer? It's nothing new, and it saves time.
I NEVER use the default installation paths, neither should anyone.
What's wrong with the default installation path? It's in keeping with the installation paths for just about any software from anywhere.

What's wrong with the default installation path? It's in keeping with the installation paths for just about any software from anywhere.
There's nothing wrong with it if you install your programs in the same drive you have your OS. I don't advise to do so.
In any case, I don't, and I'd very much prefer the installer to choose the route I've chosen the previous five or six times.
Many installers can do so, and it wouldn't affect if you choose a default Windows route or any other. It'd simply use the last one, not the default one.

Where would you store that information? You're spinning up a new executable with each new install. Isn't default installation location an OS thing?

Where would you store that information?
I have several drives for a total of 5TB (terabytes). My OS SSD drive is a 240GB drive partitioned in two: 80GB for the OS, 160GB as a D drive for programs.
I have another 500GB SSD for other programs that might benefit from the extra speed of having the OS read/write from one drive and the program from another physical drive.
The rest of the space is shared between two 3+2TB regular SATA drives for storage.

So, instead of using the 80GB reserved for the OS, I can use any of the other drives (normally D: or E: SSDs). If I need to wipe the OS clean, I can do so without touching anything else.

You're spinning up a new executable with each new install. Isn't default installation location an OS thing?
No. It can be defined in the installer. Windows' default path always uses the C: drive, but it's not at all mandatory, and certainly not recommendable. If you bork your OS, you bork everything else too. Bad idea.

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard for the installer to note the location it's uninstalling from and use that for the installation.

I was originally using a 10' cable i have now switched to a 3.3' since that was all i had, I will say this, i had less timeouts/connection loss issues with the shorter cable, so that did make a difference but it is still happening albeit at the worst times to. however i think once I work out whatever little bugs i have, its going to be a beautiful thing. Ive been in heaven since the day the AX8 arrived.
Question : do you think its hurting the AX8 by resetting it?
Thanks for the response I do appreciate your time..
One thing I noticed was sometimes I have too many devices on my USB and if I remove some of them, I can get a better communication between the AX8 edit and the AX8 unit.

Back
Top Bottom