AX8-Edit 1.8.1 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
AX8-Edit 1.8.1 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-edit-software-editor.php

Please note: When updating to firmware 7.01 Release from firmware 7.01 Public Beta, please be sure to run "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu of AX8-Edit to get the latest Drive and Compressor types.

Release Notes

New Features

1. Support for firmware Quantum 7.01
a. Added two new "Optical" types to Compressor block.
b. Added "Input Level" parameter to Pedal and Optical types in Compressor block.

Bug Fixes

1. When a parameter value is changed, dependent parameters are queried only if the changing parameter does not have a Modifier attached.

I was so hoping that the connection loss between the Ax8 edit and my Ax8 could of some how been resolved. ive read all the issues that other people were having and Ive done everytrhing they said to do.
Im using Vista with no chrome whatsoever.
A new usb cable
Switching usb ports
sometimes my connection is good other times it keeps having issues. (quite frustrating)
My only question here is : does it hurt the AX8 by turning it on and off to reset ?
any advise is greatly appreciated.
I just realized this is a new release as of today. (1.8.1) I will install this evening and hope for the best..
Rob

Last edited:
How long is your USB cable? I have seen people report connectivity problems with USB cables longer than 6'.

How long is your USB cable? I have seen people report connectivity problems with USB cables longer than 6'.
I was originally using a 10' cable i have now switched to a 3.3' since that was all i had, I will say this, i had less timeouts/connection loss issues with the shorter cable, so that did make a difference but it is still happening albeit at the worst times to. however i think once I work out whatever little bugs i have, its going to be a beautiful thing. Ive been in heaven since the day the AX8 arrived.
Question : do you think its hurting the AX8 by resetting it?
Thanks for the response I do appreciate your time..

Assuming your computer is operating as it should... is it possible there is something external to the AX8 spitting out heavy EMI that might be disrupting the signal?

My block defintions have been updating automatically as soon as I connect the AX8 to the computer.

I get a screen that lasts about 20 secoends or so while goes thru all blocks. I'm pretty sure I'm not being prompted or anything, it just does it.

Back
Top Bottom