AX8 - Any Updates?

I'm visiting gym regularly. Anyway, huge and heavy AXE FX 2 in rack case - is not something you are really happy to carry by hand for long distances. And the idea that I'm moving excess of steel is really annoying.

AXE FX 2 is ideal product, except one thing - the WEIGHT. It will be really nice if Fractal will correct the weight issue in AX8 as much as possible. It is not 80's now, era of heavy racks is gone long time ago. Every piece of electronic is getting more and more compact and light now, don't see any reason for AX8 to be the exception.

AXE FX 2 is ideal product, except one thing - the WEIGHT. It will be really nice if Fractal will correct the weight issue in AX8 as much as possible. It is not 80's now, era of heavy racks is gone long time ago. Every piece of electronic is getting more and more compact and light now, don't see any reason for AX8 to be the exception.
Each player has is own "right" weight. I want a stomp-proof product to stay firmly on the ground. I think Cliff will not add any unnecessary weight. AX8 will sum AXFXII+MFC+ cables + rack, there is a considerable drop in weight!

There is no comparison with older product, maybe we should consider that a single AX8 could take place of a 24U studio rack... ;)

AXE FX 2 has unnecessary weight, that's why I worry about AX8 weight. AXE FX 2 could be made of aluminium, not steel - that would hugely decrease it's mass. It sits in rack cases in 95% of situations, so why make such durable and heavy steel chassis ?

AX8 should be durable because it is a thing to be stomped on. But anyway, even quite thin steel chassis will have enough durability. Titanium is my dream when it comes to thinking of AX8 chassis.

Come on, it is portable product. Just imagine how great it will be if it will be really light! You can take it to flight with you when you are touring. You can go with it anywhere you want for any distance you want - and still your hands will be not tired before the show, as when you carry AXE FX 2 in rack- and after that you go on stage right away. Lightweight gives freedom!

Lightweight doesnt mean fragile by default. I dont want somethink that could break when you step on it, but there are really ways to make it sturdy enough without making it bullet proof. I dont drive a car and weight makes a big difference for me, especially when you gather all stuff that you need to take to a gig. Also i dont want to come all sweaty to a fancy hotel gig etc..

Lite and durable sounds great, but I'm not interested in paying extra for a titanium case or other extreme measures to make it lite. It's not a mountain bike, it's a stomp box. I'll live with a little extra weight for durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means you are not carrying gear with you on tours, I guess. When touring - weight of every piece of equipment is important. For home or studio use - I agree, weight is not important, as is durability. For stationary use I think regular AXE FX 2 is better than AX8.

If you need it to be as light as possible, just drill a bunch of holes in the chassis when you get it. :)

I hope its sturdy enough to bludgeon baby harp seals.

fwiw I am in the "bullet proof it" club.

At this point about all I am wondering [other than where is that wait list :)] is the price to see if I can live with a single amp chain and no IR's or if I go with the rack unit and MFC.

I'm buying an expensive high end piece of electronic equipment that is meant to be stepped on in order to function...

Bulletproof it. Don't care if it weighs 20 pounds.

Everyone who don't care about weight - doesn't carry gear by hand. You guys do have cars I think. I'm not that rich yet, so I forced to move to rehearsals and live shows by foot and mass transport - the lighter and more compact the gear - the better for me.
I hope Cliff will hear both parties and create AX8 which will be both durable and light. I really hope for that!

Get a carrying case with a strap to carry it over your shoulder. Problem solved.

Carrying the AX8 will be lot different than lugging around an AxeFX in a 2-space rack, with a midi controller, and expression pedals. Even if it does weigh a little more than you are hoping it's going to be easier to carry than the Axe-FX in a rack case.

Everyone wants it to be as light as possible, but not to the point that it sacrifices durability.

Back
Top Bottom