AX8 - Any Updates?

We actually decided a couple days ago to make the grid 4x12. Since you can easily run 8 effects you would only have six slots with a 4x8 grid (after subtracting amp and cab) before having to use Send/Receive blocks.

The prototypes are working great and sound fantastic.

You had me at hello!.... hahahahahaha

Thats fantastic new Cliff... a true game changer will hit and shake the maket in October... cant wait.

Any news regarding the weight of the AX8 ? That's the most important factor which I'm waiting for to be revealed... I'm hoping for 3-4 kG of weight, not more. It is portable AXE-FX, it must be portable in all aspects! Otherwise, weight will be main flaw and put me from buying((((

Any news regarding the weight of the AX8 ? That's the most important factor which I'm waiting for to be revealed... I'm hoping for 3-4 kG of weight, not more. It is portable AXE-FX, it must be portable in all aspects! Otherwise, weight will be main flaw and put me from buying((((

Since its same chassis and size as the fx8 ,i would say expect close to that .other who have the FX8 say it's similar or heavier than the MFC

you have to think if you want something indestructible plastic will not be great and metal adds weight .

I don't want indestructible, I want portable :) I'm very kind to my equipment and babying it all the time. Don't understand why AX8 should be made of tank-like thick steel. It is made for making music, not for war.
By the way, titanium chassis is the answer if it need to be light and robust.

Weight is absolutely no consideration as far as I am concerned. Durability and dependability are much more important, IMO. Built it to last, because I predict that it will be a long time before anything else comes out in an all-in-one format to rival this!

I'm curious, why is the weight such an important factor to you? I would expect this to be similar to the FX8 weight. What do those weigh?

Any news regarding the weight of the AX8 ? That's the most important factor which I'm waiting for to be revealed... I'm hoping for 3-4 kG of weight, not more.
The FX8 (similar (same?) chassis) weighs 5.2 kg. It's incredibly sturdy, but I've never thought, "Man, this is too heavy."

I don't want indestructible, I want portable :) I'm very kind to my equipment and babying it all the time. Don't understand why AX8 should be made of tank-like thick steel. It is made for making music, not for war.
Live music is war. Not everyone onstage or on the road will be so kind to your equipment. IMO, anything in this market has to be roadworthy.

We actually decided a couple days ago to make the grid 4x12. Since you can easily run 8 effects you would only have six slots with a 4x8 grid (after subtracting amp and cab) before having to use Send/Receive blocks.

The prototypes are working great and sound fantastic.

Wise move.

This product will double the company spread, at least.

Will reach people that want a floor based cost-concious setup and the existent AxeFx setups too, as a backup or B rig.

By the way, titanium chassis is the answer if it need to be light and robust.

After having had my gear trampled on by stage crew, BVs and other people not watching where they are walking, I will take bullet proof any day of the week.

I baby my equipment too - it's other people that I'm concerned about.

I'm so ready for this product to be released. My sole purpose for looking here now is to see if there's a waiting list. I want on it!

Reactions: sam
Bullet proof and lightweight CAN be delivered at once - if it will be titanium chassis. Even if it will be steel - thinner steel than rack AXE FX 2 chassis is still more than enough to live happily in any live or road situations. By the way, AX8 is made for rehearsal or small club live performances - why should it be too war-tank-like-heavy-bulletproof? For the tour take your AXE FX2 in rack case - it is made for touring. AX8 is for being portable I think.

"why is the weight such an important factor to you?" - because I'm walking to my rehearsal place about 2 kilometers by foot, carrying AXE FX 2 in a rack case - believe me, it is not what I really happy to do, especially when I know that there are 2-3 tiny PCBs inside that huge chassis I'm carrying. Why carry such excess of steel when in our age everything becomes smaller and lighter ? It is OK for us that our iPhone is small and light, iPad doesn't weight 5-6 Kgs. Why AX8 should weight much?

...AX8 is made for rehearsal or small club live performances - why should it be too war-tank-like-heavy-bulletproof? For the tour take your AXE FX2 in rack case - it is made for touring.
There's AX8 doesn't have a gig size. :) It could easily wind up being a backup rig on a tour—or even the entire rig. Anyway, stage crew and drunks are just as rowdy in a small club as they are in a big one.

"why is the weight such an important factor to you?" - because I'm walking to my rehearsal place about 2 kilometers by foot, carrying AXE FX 2 in a rack case...
After that, carrying the AX8 will be an absolute picnic.

It is OK for us that our iPhone is small and light, iPad doesn't weight 5-6 Kgs. Why AX8 should weight much?
The iPad wasn't designed to be stored on the floor and stepped on.

I agree that lower weight is good. But ruggedness is far more valuable in any device that has to bear your weight.

"why is the weight such an important factor to you?" - because I'm walking to my rehearsal place about 2 kilometers by foot, carrying AXE FX 2 in a rack case - believe me, it is not what I really happy to do, especially when I know that there are 2-3 tiny PCBs inside that huge chassis I'm carrying. Why carry such excess of steel when in our age everything becomes smaller and lighter ? It is OK for us that our iPhone is small and light, iPad doesn't weight 5-6 Kgs. Why AX8 should weight much?

Sounds like someone needs to make a few more trips to the gym ;)

Back
Top Bottom