AX8 - Any Updates?

I'm pretty sure that this will replace my Standard and GCP midi as soon as I can get on the waiting list. One of the things in the II that seemed a game changer that I missed out (ordered my standard 3 weeks before the II was announced, but I digest*), was the tone matching. I may have missed if he mentioned, but will the Ax8 be able to do the tone matching?

One of the things in the II that seemed a game changer that I missed out (ordered my standard 3 weeks before the II was announced, but I digest*), was the tone matching. I may have missed if he mentioned, but will the Ax8 be able to do the tone matching?

add to that G3 modelling - that has lifted the game of the AFX to the next level. Massive difference.

Not sure if the AX8 will do tone matching. It has been said to be a stripped back version (one amp and one cab block only etc), so it wouldn't surprise me if it can't do tone matching and or IR captures at all.

I'm torn between getting an FX8 and trying that with my Friedman amp as an alternative to the AXE set up.........

.....OR........... getting the AX8 ...and using that with a FRFR cab to replace my AXE FXII rig....for those multi-band - festival style gigs where you only have 10 minutes to set up ? AX8 will be - plug in power - and two leads - one for FOH and one for FRFR monitor...done!! Will AXE presets be interchangeable??

I'm torn between getting an FX8 and trying that with my Friedman amp as an alternative to the AXE set up.........

.....OR........... getting the AX8 ...and using that with a FRFR cab to replace my AXE FXII rig....for those multi-band - festival style gigs where you only have 10 minutes to set up ? AX8 will be - plug in power - and two leads - one for FOH and one for FRFR monitor...done!! Will AXE presets be interchangeable??

I have exactly the same dilemma. I was going to get rid of all my pedals and order the FX8 to use with the BE100 - but the AX8 hopefully can be used as an effect unit and if I need a backup to the Friedman I could have amp presets with the AX8 ready.
In another band I'm in I can use the AX8 and keep my AxeFx II at home for studio purposes.

I'm torn with getting one of the AxeFx IIs on sale or waiting for the AX8. It would be easier if I knew what the price of the AX8 is going to be!

I'm torn with getting one of the AxeFx IIs on sale or waiting for the AX8. It would be easier if I knew what the price of the AX8 is going to be!

Biggest factor is whether you want an "all in one" package or a rack + controller setup.

The Axe Fx II on sale is a great price, but you need to factor in a controller of some sort to make it usable live; the AX8 covers this in one package, albeit with some limitations compared to the Axe Fx II.

Please include (or offer for sale) a good gigbag for the AX8, with pockets for cables and maybe even room for an expression pedal or two. Obviously, the unit is meant to be a portable solution, so this is really an essential accessory IMHO.

Please include (or offer for sale) a good gigbag for the AX8, with pockets for cables and maybe even room for an expression pedal or two. Obviously, the unit is meant to be a portable solution, so this is really an essential accessory IMHO.

Good idea and I'm sure it's something Fractal would do.
It would make an excellent add-on sale and I'm sure nearly everyone would pick one up!

Yes and carry-on size would be great!

We actually decided a couple days ago to make the grid 4x12. Since you can easily run 8 effects you would only have six slots with a 4x8 grid (after subtracting amp and cab) before having to use Send/Receive blocks.

The prototypes are working great and sound fantastic.

We actually decided a couple days ago to make the grid 4x12. Since you can easily run 8 effects you would only have six slots with a 4x8 grid (after subtracting amp and cab) before having to use Send/Receive blocks.

The prototypes are working great and sound fantastic.

Can't wait. This'll be a great addition to my XLs, especially for rehearsal travel.

Back
Top Bottom