AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Hey my Fractal peeps!

I just did the download & update to the V10 Release & about to test things out.

Can anyone tell me what the new amp models are? or at least about the "Friedman 2018" amp? Is it the 50 watt 3-channel BE Deluxe or.......

Thanks in advance & I feel like I just got a new Fractal AX8 all over again too!

I’m hearing a great deal of clarity on the Friedman 2018 model....& I mean that in a really good way!!!!

Peace! X

Last edited:
Regarding slow tuner (and really slow display such as VU meters and just slower displays when banking), I have found this correlation.

If you have an external controller that is not connected on a preset, the screen and tuner is ‘slow’ to paint and respond. If you then remove the controller modifiers and set them to Not Used so they don’t reference the external controller that is not there, the slowness goes away.

I believe in 9.04 if the external controller was not present, even thought it was configured in modifiers, it didn’t affect the tuner or screen speed on the AX8. I would have to load 9.04 back on to be sure.

Thanks to Cliff and your team. Finally installed it and can’t wait to check it out. Had this unit for two years now and haven’t paid a dime for anything other than my initial purchase. It’s hard to describe how different it is then when I got it. It’s amazing. Every release I always wonder how it could possibly get better. Saw the pumpkins last night and James was rocking his AxeFx. Sounded amazing!

Regarding slow tuner (and really slow display such as VU meters and just slower displays when banking), I have found this correlation.

If you have an external controller that is not connected on a preset, the screen and tuner is ‘slow’ to paint and respond. If you then remove the controller modifiers and set them to Not Used so they don’t reference the external controller that is not there, the slowness goes away.

I believe in 9.04 if the external controller was not present, even thought it was configured in modifiers, it didn’t affect the tuner or screen speed on the AX8. I would have to load 9.04 back on to be sure.
External controller for what?

EXT1 Moog expressions pedal - but it isn’t connected.
Was configure on a Wah block (bypassed).
I also had two control switches set to control amp boost and brightness that i also removed to try and simplify the preset to locate the issue. So actually it could have been the EXT1 which i suspect or the control switches that i removed.

Was configure on a Wah block (bypassed).
I also had two control switches set to control amp boost and brightness that i also removed to try and simplify the preset to locate the issue. So actually it could have been the EXT1 which i suspect or the control switches that i removed.
It is the two controllers that are the culprit. I can replicate it. Here is a screen shot and I have attached the preset.
If i remove the control switch modifiers and leave the wah modifer, the tuner and screen work normally.
rc1 screen shot.png

Attachments

• Paralyser 10.00 RC1.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
About to install RC1 over beta 7... Basically it's not possible it doesn't sound as good?
RC SOUNDS GREAT. the only thing I notice is what was in previous releases a gap of sound between scenes now disappeared and instead you get a delay in execution. So it takes a heavy scene almost a second to change but when it does, the change is instant with no gap. On lighter presets the change is instant with no gap.

It is the two controllers that are the culprit. I can replicate it. Here is a screen shot and I have attached the preset.
If i remove the controller modifiers and leave the wah modifer, the tuner and screen work normally.
View attachment 48410
rc1 screen shot.png

Attachments

• Paralyser 10.00 RC1.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
Installed RC1. Have no problems, but my config is dead simple. Expression pedal on External2 and Whammy DT via MIDI. All works great. No problems to switch scenes.
But! I installed all on clean system (reset all parameters on factory settings and erase all my presets, only Cabs was untouched).
redone all my presets from scratch and from saved blocks.
All works very well. Even the scenes with 95% CPU load with no gap at all!

Easily the best the AX8 has ever sounded is now......and don't ignore the new Friedman 2018...it has woman tone for miles........Muchas Gracias Señor Chase, et. al. ........
@@@@@@@THIS@@@@@@@

I’m loving everything here & totally agree w/ that statement!!!! The Friedman 2018 is very nice....Woody & has a great clarity & definition!!!

A++ Fractal, well played!!!! :cool:

X

Thanks for caring about your customers.

Things seem to be working just fine, except while testing multiple patches, I found a minor issue with the "F" buttons:

1. Stomp and hold F2. It begins to flash, indicating that scene switch mode is sticky

2. Stomp F1. At this point, F3 should mean "page down" and F2 should mean "page up". F3 works correctly, but stomping "F2", instead of acting as a page up, causes F2 to stop flashing (i.e. it no longer is in sticky scene mode).

At this point things start to work correctly again (F2 serves as page up etc), but one needs to re-engage sticky scene mode afterwards.

Thanks for caring about your customers.

Things seem to be working just fine, except while testing multiple patches, I found a minor issue with the "F" buttons:

1. Stomp and hold F2. It begins to flash, indicating that scene switch mode is sticky

2. Stomp F1. At this point, F3 should mean "page down" and F2 should mean "page up". F3 works correctly, but stomping "F2", instead of acting as a page up, causes F2 to stop flashing (i.e. it no longer is in sticky scene mode).

At this point things start to work correctly again (F2 serves as page up etc), but one needs to re-engage sticky scene mode afterwards.
if anything, F1 shouldn't become active when F2 is in Sticky Scene mode, or hitting F1 should cancel Sticky Scene mode. i don't think that's programmed to happen, so it is behaving as intended. unless it used to work like that before, which i don't think it did.

for now, be sure to tap out of Sticky Scene mode first.

if anything, F1 shouldn't become active when F2 is in Sticky Scene mode, or hitting F1 should cancel Sticky Scene mode.
Scene and Preset operations are stacked. If you're in scene select mode (sticky or not), and you go into preset select mode, the scene select operation is put on hold and the preset select operation runs. When you come out of preset select mode, you return to the scene select mode, where you came from. Both the AX8 and FX8 operate this way. Once you get used to it, it's actually pretty useful.

..while testing multiple patches, I found a minor issue with the "F" buttons:

Confirmed. This appears to be an inconsistency.

Definitely getting more "girth" on the upper registers and more balance from string to string, feels great under the fingers as well. Great job Cliff and Fractal team!

Haven't installed yet. I've been hooked on the III since I got it. There's a clarity and note separation that I don't remember having with the AX8 , that I get with the III. The delays and reverb are.....Mmm. Without a FC though , I was forced to pull out the AX8 for a little gig that I was asked ( last minute ) to do yesterday. So dam handy to grab it and go. Affordable , small , and reliable.

I'm looking forward to the upgrade. It's on the top of tomorrow's - "to-do list". ( Mine anyways )

Aside from switching-changes and new amp models , did the actual sound improve , in the way of the III ?
I'd personally prefer fewer blocks per preset , if it meant more Ares. If the preset and scene changes are quicker , why not !
Either way , thanks for the continued support for the AX8. Kick-ass products from a kick-ass company. My guitars have never sounded this good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom