AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Editing a preset this morning on the face of the unit. In the amp block, changing basic amp parameters (bass, mid,treble, etc.) using the A-E knobs, I noticed the values change, but the screen display of the knob does not rotate. Was it always this way, or is that a minor bug?

I'm loving the new firmware but I'm having the same issue as yourself - my FX loop block generates considerably more noise than 9.04

Please, can somebody test if a inserted FX-Loop block makes more noise? (it also happens if no connection to other equipment is made, all levels at default value!) Noise sound is like white noise!

Was playing this update this morning. Had no problems for about 45 min and then all of a sudden I lost all gain on my Friedman BE preset. The signal went completely clean as though all of my effects and gain had been cut out but there was still enough to keep the signal audible. None of my footswitches worked, nor did my expression pedal. I was not connected to AX8-Edit at the time, so I simply turned the unit off and back on which seemed to fix the problem, but it would have been a big issue at a gig. Anyone else experience this?

Was playing this update this morning. Had no problems for about 45 min and then all of a sudden I lost all gain on my Friedman BE preset. The signal went completely clean as though all of my effects and gain had been cut out but there was still enough to keep the signal audible. None of my footswitches worked, nor did my expression pedal. I was not connected to AX8-Edit at the time, so I simply turned the unit off and back on which seemed to fix the problem, but it would have been a big issue at a gig. Anyone else experience this?

Same.

Can someone explain the "some of the ARES modelling" part in the release notes?
As I understand it, ARES is the new Fractal modeling platform based upon the new processors they're using. What they've been able to do with the new platform has made the modeling better and some of it is able to be transferred to the current platform used by the AX8 and Axe Fx II XL+.

I noticed the boost function in the amp block is really useful now. I think I prefer it over drive blocks. I no longer need to use the cut switch in the amp block. And my fingers are really sore. Thank you cliff and co. !

Same dumb question (sorry): does it contains the bug fixes from the 10.01 AxeFX version or should we expect another minor version afterwards? Thanks, you guys rock!!!

RC SOUNDS GREAT. the only thing I notice is what was in previous releases a gap of sound between scenes now disappeared and instead you get a delay in execution. So it takes a heavy scene almost a second to change but when it does, the change is instant with no gap. On lighter presets the change is instant with no gap.
Ok, what I wrote is bullshit, the delay in execution comes only when there are modifiers involved as some people said before. I get that sluggish behavior only with Glenn delaune’s presets which are full of controllers and voodoo.

Tried my AX8 today with my MarkV:25 in 4 cable method. A lot of noise, much more than it was with 9.04. Don't know if it's related to FXloop problem mentioned above. If there will be no fix on it, will come back to 9.04. Beside this it works great for me (I don't use controllers)...

Same dumb question (sorry): does it contains the bug fixes from the 10.01 AxeFX version or should we expect another minor version afterwards? Thanks, you guys rock!!!

10.0 for the AX8 is not a direct port of 10.0 from the AxeFX. I think it’s safe to assume that the bugs fixed in 10.1 for the AxeFX II will be addressed in 10.0 for the AX8. But I don’t work for FAS so that is an assumption on my part.

Having said that, my bet is that there will be a 10.1 for the AX8. And a 10.2... etc...

I have tried the RC10 twice now and had to revert back to 9.04 because of sluggish behavior in my default preset.
Other presets seemed to be unaffected.
Slow responses on all foot switches...when trying to turn on an effect I have slow response or going to the "y" config.
Tuner response slow and tap tempo also acting slow or non responsive.
Two foot switches are set up as control switches and those are affected as well.
Also have 2 controller pedals as volume and wah.
When I switch to a different preset everything is fine.
Affected preset also seems to load slower...also noticed the boot up sequence with RC10 is a little different at the final LED burst.
When reverting back to 9.04 everything is as before.
I have no complaints with 9.04 so I'm gonna wait till things are resolved.

I have tried the RC10 twice now and had to revert back to 9.04 because of sluggish behavior in my default preset.
Other presets seemed to be unaffected.
Slow responses on all foot switches...when trying to turn on an effect I have slow response or going to the "y" config.
Tuner response slow and tap tempo also acting slow or non responsive.
Two foot switches are set up as control switches and those are affected as well.
When I switch to a different preset everything is fine.
Affected preset also seems to load slower...also noticed the boot up sequence with RC10 is a little different at the final LED burst.
When reverting back to 9.04 everything is as before.
I have no complaints with 9.04 so I'm gonna wait till things are resolved.
Please post the preset.

Something really strange happen, I was able to use normal drive on a brit 800 then I refresh to new update and it disappear :( does F10 add normal drive to Marshall amps? was I only dreaming?

Something really strange happen, I was able to use normal drive on a brit 800 then I refresh to new update and it disappear :( does F10 add normal drive to Marshall amps? was I only dreaming?
what does "it disappear" mean?

did you do Refresh after FW Update in AX8-Edit? click settings and try that.

There has never been "Normal Drive" for the JCM 800 model. The jumped Plexis have that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom