AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I’ve seen just in this AX8 RC10 thread alone is extremely rare. You have customers literally beta testing a release candidate for a product. Flashing the firmware on their own personal devices, providing direct feedback to the developer(s) and genuinely trying to assist in the successful outcome of the release. You also have direct feedback from the founder of the company asking customers to provide examples of what could be causing a problem and then working on a fix for the described issue. Again, this public communication between the customer and company at this level is extremely rare...

From what I’ve been reading there is a mutual respect between FAS and their customers and I can see it on display, right here, in real time.
This is a big part of why I hang around here so much, and why I consider it an honor to be a Fractal beta tester.

Been lurking for months. Took the plunge, received my AX8 not three hours ago, upgraded to this latest Firmware before even plugging my guitar into the thing, turned it on, and, OH-Dear LAWED does this thing NOT suck! :D ...Well done! Great piece of kit! Been smiling since I got it? The Wife? ..she came home, thought I had finally done-lost me last marble (;0)

So, umm ...yes... though I have nothing by way of experience to compare it to, this latest firmware? .. it don’t just work, it’s a work of art. Thanks, Fellas!

I have a lot of gigs in summer, so I won't upgrade till the final release.

I'm sorry I cannot help with the beta testing. Anyway I think I'm not good doing that.

But I want to thank all the users that are helping with it.

And, of course, the FAS team. Thank you very much for working so hard.

Last edited:
I am still on 6.04. Has been working out great for my gigs for ages and ages now. Would be interested in trying this new FW for the switching gap being shorter and the one thing I would love to see ported across is the Tri Stero Chorus. Been so happy using my AX8's live though. Still never used the backup unit :)
I do have scene controllers tied to a few things though so will have to wait until the next couple of gigs are out of the way and hopefully that gremlin can be cured.
Cheers to everyone for nailing down and helping iron out the little quirks in the new FW.

I am still on 6.04. Has been working out great for my gigs for ages and ages now. Would be interested in trying this new FW for the switching gap being shorter and the one thing I would love to see ported across is the Tri Stero Chorus. Been so happy using my AX8's live though. Still never used the backup unit :)
I do have scene controllers tied to a few things though so will have to wait until the next couple of gigs are out of the way and hopefully that gremlin can be cured.
Cheers to everyone for nailing down and helping iron out the little quirks in the new FW.
Prepare to be blown away (after you'll adjust your presets)

My presets which go from clean to mean are still way too slow with this 10.00 Release Candidate, so I reverted to Firmware 9.4. Thank you!

I reverted back to 9.04 after like beta 3? Now only one of my presets seems to work and i need to reboot it at times just to get that one to work at all. Ax-edit seems confused about me moving back and forth with the firmware as it just sits "reading blocks". I'm not complaining just relaying my experience, i knew what i was getting into when i decided to test the beta versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom