AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I've noticed is that the "FX SEND CLIP" next to the display is lighting up a few times a minute, and I don't even have the FX loop active, and it never did this before.

Thanks so much for this fantastic update. Everything is fine here, including X/Y switching, external controllers etc etc. Sounds excellent through my studio monitors (DynAudio Bm6a's) and can't wait to play at my band rehearsal later this week in preparation for a gig next week.
I only have two things to report neither of which are related to the RC10 update - extremely occasionally (has only happened a couple of times in version 9.4 but happened again last night in RC10) I switch to a preset and there is bugger all volume. Switching to another preset and then back again solves the problem. Doesn't seem to be associated with any particular preset. The second thing is I was reaching down to power off my AX8 and the sticker with the serial number came off in my hand - not good! Lucky it happened in my studio and wasn't lost at a gig somewhere. Yes I have saved the serial number electronically, but without that sticker there is no way of identifying this particular AX8. Important that the manufacturers are aware of this.

While my AX8 presets are pretty basic compared to a lot of guys here, I’m noticing faster switching over-all & I believe better or more detailed amp modeling. I could be totally wrong on that last one, but I’m not sure.....

I did noice that my “Drive” blocks don’t show-up name wise in the AX8 Edit software now. I believe I’m on the latest release & will double check that tonight.

I changed out a Guitar pickup & made this quick video using the Bogner XTC & the new V10 software.....& I’m just loving it!!!

Thank you all again & I love reading & watching all you guys make this product & update better for me (aka us).

Long live Team Fractal!!!!

X

Thanks so much for this fantastic update. Everything is fine here, including X/Y switching, external controllers etc etc. Sounds excellent through my studio monitors (DynAudio Bm6a's) and can't wait to play at my band rehearsal later this week in preparation for a gig next week.
I only have two things to report neither of which are related to the RC10 update - extremely occasionally (has only happened a couple of times in version 9.4 but happened again last night in RC10) I switch to a preset and there is bugger all volume. Switching to another preset and then back again solves the problem. Doesn't seem to be associated with any particular preset. The second thing is I was reaching down to power off my AX8 and the sticker with the serial number came off in my hand - not good! Lucky it happened in my studio and wasn't lost at a gig somewhere. Yes I have saved the serial number electronically, but without that sticker there is no way of identifying this particular AX8. Important that the manufacturers are aware of this.
I wrote mine on back of unit with a silver sharpie. :)

I only have two things to report neither of which are related to the RC10 update - extremely occasionally (has only happened a couple of times in version 9.4 but happened again last night in RC10) I switch to a preset and there is bugger all volume. Switching to another preset and then back again solves the problem.

That happened to me last night and I do not know what could have caused it. o_O:eek:

Just my 2 cents here. I waited until last night to update since it looked like there might be a few initial bugs which were being worked out. The only issues I noticed was that the unit stalled out between presets (while using the editor once), I had to cycle the power off and back on and then it never happened again.
On the performance side of the update, my initial impression was that the unit seems to have quite a noticeable difference in the way it responds to playing and articulation and what stood out the most for me was that several of my presets cleaned up really well by using the volume knobs on my guitar....it just sounds overall much better to my ears in that the fine detail of the amps, cabs, delays, and reverb sound more 3 dimensional to me with a slight increase in overall headroom as well to my ears.
Thanks again for all the hard work some of you are putting into constantly improving the units performance-outstanding.

I have tried the RC10 twice now and had to revert back to 9.04 because of sluggish behavior in my default preset.
Other presets seemed to be unaffected.
Slow responses on all foot switches...when trying to turn on an effect I have slow response or going to the "y" config.
Tuner response slow and tap tempo also acting slow or non responsive.
Two foot switches are set up as control switches and those are affected as well.
Also have 2 controller pedals as volume and wah.
When I switch to a different preset everything is fine.
Affected preset also seems to load slower...also noticed the boot up sequence with RC10 is a little different at the final LED burst.
When reverting back to 9.04 everything is as before.
I have no complaints with 9.04 so I'm gonna wait till things are resolved.
Please post the preset.
I'm in the middle of some gigs so I'd rather leave 9.04 installed and not mess with it for a couple days...if my preset is crucial to pinpointing this problem, let me know and I'll try and accommodate.

I'm in the middle of some gigs so I'd rather leave 9.04 installed and not mess with it for a couple days...if my preset is crucial to pinpointing this problem, let me know and I'll try and accommodate.
you can post the 9.04 preset. any problem is always easier to discover and solve with the Preset that causes it.

First of all I am not a Fractal customer. I’m not a professional musician, just a guy who likes playing guitar. Hell, I just found and created an account on this forum a few days ago to ask advice about the lifecycle of the AX8 and ended up reading through a ton of threads and posts. Long weekend with nothing to do.

What I’ve experienced in reading through this forum in the last few days is pretty remarkable. Over the years I’ve lead and been involved in several IT product development and launch projects and I can tell you this, FAS and the relationship they have with their customers through this forum is rare in the business world.

What I’ve seen just in this AX8 RC10 thread alone is extremely rare. You have customers literally beta testing a release candidate for a product. Flashing the firmware on their own personal devices, providing direct feedback to the developer(s) and genuinely trying to assist in the successful outcome of the release. You also have direct feedback from the founder of the company asking customers to provide examples of what could be causing a problem and then working on a fix for the described issue. Again, this public communication between the customer and company at this level is extremely rare.

What else is rare is the attitude of the customers during this process. Think about how many times you have seen customers commenting negatively on that company’s forum towards the company about the quality of their product or software just after an initial release with little or no response from the company. Very rarely does someone from the company respond. The lack of communication from the company just exacerbates the customers attitudes and they in turn respond with more negativity which can erode confidence in the product and can potentially destroy the perception of that product in the market .

That just does not happen here. From what I’ve been reading there is a mutual respect between FAS and their customers and I can see it on display, right here, in real time.

I would just like to say that although I am not a customer yet, I think that what you are doing here is commendable and I wish more companies would cut out the BS and talk to and engage with their customers like you are.

An AX8 purchase is in my future, gateway drug that it is…

First of all I am not a Fractal customer. I’m not a professional musician, just a guy who likes playing guitar. Hell, I just found and created an account on this forum a few days ago to ask advice about the lifecycle of the AX8 and ended up reading through a ton of threads and posts. Long weekend with nothing to do.

What I’ve experienced in reading through this forum in the last few days is pretty remarkable. Over the years I’ve lead and been involved in several IT product development and launch projects and I can tell you this, FAS and the relationship they have with their customers through this forum is rare in the business world.

What I’ve seen just in this AX8 RC10 thread alone is extremely rare. You have customers literally beta testing a release candidate for a product. Flashing the firmware on their own personal devices, providing direct feedback to the developer(s) and genuinely trying to assist in the successful outcome of the release. You also have direct feedback from the founder of the company asking customers to provide examples of what could be causing a problem and then working on a fix for the described issue. Again, this public communication between the customer and company at this level is extremely rare.

What else is rare is the attitude of the customers during this process. Think about how many times you have seen customers commenting negatively on that company’s forum towards the company about the quality of their product or software just after an initial release with little or no response from the company. Very rarely does someone from the company respond. The lack of communication from the company just exacerbates the customers attitudes and they in turn respond with more negativity which can erode confidence in the product and can potentially destroy the perception of that product in the market .

That just does not happen here. From what I’ve been reading there is a mutual respect between FAS and their customers and I can see it on display, right here, in real time.

I would just like to say that although I am not a customer yet, I think that what you are doing here is commendable and I wish more companies would cut out the BS and talk to and engage with their customers like you are.

By a AX8 and enjoy - baying the AX8 was the best decision i ever made in my musician life.
And THE Company - FAS is the No 1 to his customers. I have so much learned from this forum and I will
only say thanks and all the best Cliff and co ... Thank you so much

The AX8 rocks...so does the Fractal community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom