AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1. :)

I downloaded your preset. I can't reproduce this issue. It's working as expected for me.

Yeah, maybe it was just a one off fluke or something? Thanks for checking it out. I immediately exported the preset afterward and stopped playing, but I'll keep an eye out for anything that might pop up after a few more hours on FW 10 - QuantAres.

The sound is outstanding...but I think I have again problems with X/Y or something related. I made a new preset (with RC2) with the Friedman BE C45 (ufff what a amp!) and the TX Lone Star Clean. in the Y is the Lone Star and on the X the Friedman. When I change from Y to X it's clipping everywhere. I restarted the AX8 and is still Happening. With the other presets there is no problem :confused:. I will upload the preset so anyone can try it and see if it's something wrong with me only or it's general. Thank you All!:)
It's not an X/Y thing. It's clipping because your X signal is way hot. You've dialed in a lot more gain than you have on Y, but you've got the Amp block's Level control set the same as the Y side. Drop that Level by about 10 dB, and you're set. :)

It's not an X/Y thing. It's clipping because your X signal is way hot. You've dialed in a lot more gain than you have on Y, but you've got the Amp block's Level control set the same as the Y side. Drop that Level by about 10 dB, and you're set. :)
Thank You Rex!! my fault!! I thought there was a problem because I didn't touched the levels or MV at any moment...dropping the level was the answer!! :D

Reactions: Rex
Thank You Rex!! my fault!! I thought there was a problem because I didn't touched the levels or MV at any moment...dropping the level was the answer!! :D
Cool. You're back in business.

Something to keep in mind: it's not just MV that has the potential to change your levels. Anything that affects gain is likely to change the level... including Input Drive.

Something to keep in mind: it's not just MV that has the potential to change your levels. Anything that affects gain is likely to change the level... including Input Drive.

thank you for giving me your knowledge...I still learning all the tricks and magic from the mighty AX8 :D

Excuse me, what does MV stand for?

Thanks

Heart in the mouth stuff - I just installed 10RC2 over 10 RC1. FracBot said the transfer was successful. AX8 had the usual message to turn off, wait for 5 seconds and turn back on. After powering up again the AX8 was stuck at the AX8 screen. FracBot gave the message that there was an error interrogating the system version (or something along those lines). Could not connect FracBot or Axe-Edit. Looked like I was stuffed. But after powering down a third time (and in desperation removing the power source and re-plugging in) the Axe8 rebooted properly this time. Everything appears to be working properly (although I won't really know until later tonight). If it hadn't have booted I would have ben well and truly screwed. That was scarey.

Awesome. Looks like RC2 is the one. I have a rehearsal this weekend and a gig next week. Definitely will try the new FW for them. Thanks once again Cliff. you never let us down.

Heart in the mouth stuff - I just installed 10RC2 over 10 RC1. FracBot said the transfer was successful. AX8 had the usual message to turn off, wait for 5 seconds and turn back on. After powering up again the AX8 was stuck at the AX8 screen. FracBot gave the message that there was an error interrogating the system version (or something along those lines). Could not connect FracBot or Axe-Edit. Looked like I was stuffed. But after powering down a third time (and in desperation removing the power source and re-plugging in) the Axe8 rebooted properly this time. Everything appears to be working properly (although I won't really know until later tonight). If it hadn't have booted I would have ben well and truly screwed. That was scarey.

I had the same issue with a previous 10 beta. It's a scary feeling when it hits you: "I just bricked my AX8. Nooooo!". Powering it off and on again allowed it to start up properly again. Phew! No problems since.

I had the same issue with a previous 10 beta. It's a scary feeling when it hits you: "I just bricked my AX8. Nooooo!". Powering it off and on again allowed it to start up properly again. Phew! No problems since.
Thanks wh10 - I thought I better report my experience just in case there is some obscure issue with the release. So far this arvo all seems fine but I'll be putting the AX8 through it's paces properly tonight and hopefully all will be good. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom