AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a problem with LFO 1 speed when set to e.g. 1/4 and LFO 2 is set to none. It starts with with a doubled speed and first needs changing to another divider then back to 1/4 to be ok again. Unfortunately next time I load the preset I have to redo this procedure. I changed my preset to set LFO 2 to 1/4th as well and everything is fine.

Edit: Funny. Saving the preset to another bank (39-1) and using it from there fixes the issue. Copying it back to the original preset number (30-1) makes it come back.

Same behaviour with LFO in my Presets!
I Copied it from Bank 2-1 to 6-8! When jumping between this two identical presets, the rate doesn't change, if icome from another preset, the blinking Tempo LED isn't syncron to the Tempo anymore and i have to set the divider in the LFO again!

There's a problem with LFO 1 speed when set to e.g. 1/4 and LFO 2 is set to none. It starts with with a doubled speed and first needs changing to another divider then back to 1/4 to be ok again. Unfortunately next time I load the preset I have to redo this procedure. I changed my preset to set LFO 2 to 1/4th as well and everything is fine.

Edit: Funny. Saving the preset to another bank (39-1) and using it from there fixes the issue. Copying it back to the original preset number (30-1) makes it come back.
I can't reproduce this.

Well, before I say the bug I encountered, let me just say...THIS FW SOUNDS FREAKING AWESOME! Got me 80% closer to the tones I'm trying to emulate with only minor changes to my presets. The switching is indeed lightning fast and my cpu dropped by about 2 or 3 percent.

Now on to a bug. I control the input drive to my amps with scene controller 1. I went to lower the [max] value of the [input drive modifier] from 3.5 to 3, and I noticed the sound didn't really change, so I lowered it to 0. It sounded like a fizzy, bit-reduced version of the amp, without the volume getting quieter at all. When I unlinked the [input drive] from [scene controller 1] and relinked it, changing the [max] value behaved as it usually did. Back to normal, and I have no problem editing that value any more after the unlinking. Strange.

Anyway, thank you Cliff and the whole Fractal beta-testing team. You the real MVPs.

Attachments

• 2018.06.27 Main Rig.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 13
...THIS FW SOUNDS FREAKING AWESOME!
+1. :)

Now on to a bug. I control the input drive to my amps with scene controller 1. I went to lower the [max] value of the [input drive modifier] from 3.5 to 3, and I noticed the sound didn't really change, so I lowered it to 0. It sounded like a fizzy, bit-reduced version of the amp, without the volume getting quieter at all. When I unlinked the [input drive] from [scene controller 1] and relinked it, changing the [max] value behaved as it usually did. Back to normal, and I have no problem editing that value any more after the unlinking. Strange.
I downloaded your preset. I can't reproduce this issue. It's working as expected for me.

I downloaded and tried this release. Sounds great. Just one issue that has been plaguing me for a while. I had the same issue with the Axe Fx II as well.

I tried making an “Insane Talent” patch but just can’t get it to work!

Please add a talent block on the next release!:D

The sound is outstanding...but I think I have again problems with X/Y or something related. I made a new preset (with RC2) with the Friedman BE C45 (ufff what a amp!) and the TX Lone Star Clean. in the Y is the Lone Star and on the X the Friedman. When I change from Y to X it's clipping everywhere. I restarted the AX8 and is still Happening. With the other presets there is no problem :confused:. I will upload the preset so anyone can try it and see if it's something wrong with me only or it's general. Thank you All!:)

Attachments

• BE C45 FW 10.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom