Atomic CLR "EXPLOSIVE"!!! UPDATES w/Vid Setup and Backing tracks

Yes turning down axefx output to lower overall volume. I think this screws up gain staging though.
Its hard for me to get to CLR knobs the way I have them setup since they are located on back, so I am trying to figure out best way to reduce overall volume.
What makes you think it screws up gain staging? Are you hearing something? Gamedojo's video in the first post of this thread pretty much lays out the gain staging.

turning down the axe fx only brings the desired signal from the axe closer to the noise floor of the CLR, which you still shouldn't hear if balanced properly to begin with.

it shouldn't affect much except perceived volume.

What makes you think it screws up gain staging? Are you hearing something? Gamedojo's video in the first post of this thread pretty much lays out the gain staging.

I did the procedure in the video.
Maybe I dont understand the gain staging concept well enough. Theres a lot about the axefx I dont understand, but my ears like.
I really have primitive skills when it comes to technology, I'm just a 4 hole Marshall guy at heart.
It sounds beyond good, just wanted to make sure I was using he CLR in the optimum way.

I did the procedure in the video.
Maybe I dont understand the gain staging concept well enough. Theres a lot about the axefx I dont understand, but my ears like.
I really have primitive skills when it comes to technology, I'm just a 4 hole Marshall guy at heart.
It sounds beyond good, just wanted to make sure I was using he CLR in the optimum way.
Are you Optimized now? :D

Interesting the middle picture, you can only see the Horn part, is that foam under the grille hiding the 12 inch woofer? good to keep beer off :)
Yes. It's a stacked system. Very slick if you can manage to peer through the little holes on the front grill.

Back
Top Bottom