Atomic Amps - "Coincident Linear Reference" Designed by Jay Mitchell

One thing I would really like to see on the active CLR's is a volume control on the front (like a guitar amp usually has). That way you could adjust the volume of the monitor while playing, without affecting the FOH send from the Axe. It is pretty hard to do this while playing if you need to reach around to the back and adjust it (and keep playing).

Why not just turn the output of your amp/monitor almost full and control the overall level with the output knobs on the front of the Axe? I have a Verve 12ma and it has a spot on the volume knob that is unity gain, or about 85% of full wide open. I leave it there and then adjust my overall volume by using Out1 knob on the front of the Axe.

Wedge dude!!! All the way!!! I had two of the Atomic Reactor cabinets. I loved them, but my ears are on my head, not my feet. The new cabs/wedges look to have a different tolex on them. The wedge looks glossier like a tough paint or something non-tolex. Does anyone have one of these yet? I'd sure like to get one. I like that it has two inputs. One could easily plug a monitor mix from FOH or Mon console into this. That would eliminate my 8ch mixer that I have in my rack.

I am surprised that the Reactor series is still selling for the same price. I hope it would drop by maybe $100. It doesn't matter much to me since I just sold my Reactor Cabinets due to financial need. I hope to snag one CLR by the end of the year.

I just read on the FB page, that the wedge does indeed have a 'heavy duty textured paint'.

I remember getting an email to join a wait list for these CLR's. I cannot find it. Anyone know how I can get in on this? I no longer have an FB account so I cannot sign up that way. Any clue?

@shotgunn ... send an email to orders@atomicamps.com

@Atomic: Nice job on the manual ... like the description on how to set gain structure for the CLR ... but there is still some uncertainty on how output level of the Axe and Input level of the CLR are related ... any suggestions on how to optimize these two settings for best combined Axe/CLR operation - for example, low axe output and high CLR input or high axe output and low CLR input or some other combo or maybe just a doesn't matter? ...

Last edited:
The active speaker basically has a 2 channel mixer with master volume, really cool.

So just like a normal mixer, you'll set the channel volume gain so it doesn't clip ever. Then the master volume to match the environment.

I usually suggest a range of 9:00 to 3:00 on the axe output dial for the best signal to noise ratio. Higher is better, but some devices can't handle the line level output of the Axe, so experiment within that range.

I'm assuming the CLR can handle it :)

Atomic should maybe consider an extra cab model... with nothing in it but fresh air. For those that like to build stacks without needing so much of a stack of dollar bills.

The active speaker basically has a 2 channel mixer with master volume, really cool.

So just like a normal mixer, you'll set the channel volume gain so it doesn't clip ever. Then the master volume to match the environment.

I usually suggest a range of 9:00 to 3:00 on the axe output dial for the best signal to noise ratio. Higher is better, but some devices can't handle the line level output of the Axe, so experiment within that range.

I'm assuming the CLR can handle it :)

Hi Chris,

So you are saying set the Axe output as high as possible ( between 9 and 3 ) and then adjust the input level on the CLR to just below clipping and then adjust the CLR master volume as the situation dictates and that should be the "optimal" gain structure. Sounds reasonable ... still might be interesting to hear what atomic might recommend.

Hi Chris,

So you are saying set the Axe output as high as possible ( between 9 and 3 ) and then adjust the input level on the CLR to just below clipping and then adjust the CLR master volume as the situation dictates and that should be the "optimal" gain structure. Sounds reasonable ... still might be interesting to hear what atomic might recommend.

Hi Quark, Chris has the right idea. The key is to set your Axe where your happy with the signal to noise ratio, etc., then turn the CLRs channel volume all the way up until you can get the clip light to flash, then back if off slightly. Then use the CLRs master level to get the desired volume. There is no right answer as to where you should set your Axe-Fx level since this can be radically different with all the opportunities to set the level “inside” the Axe.

Tom, any update on European delivery?
Thx,
Uli
Hi Uli, Strange, I thought I had posted something about this earlier but now I can't find it. Anyway, the EU production is complete and has been in transit for a couple of weeks now. I expect that we'll start shipping orders by mid February. More info later. Thanks for asking.

-TK

Back
Top Bottom