Atomic Amps - "Coincident Linear Reference" Designed by Jay Mitchell

Please let me know where so I can check them out...thanks for the response.

Hi Galo! While we're not going to have a booth at the show, we will have CLR Series products on the show floor as well as in our hotel suite. As it's been mentioned, having a booth at NAMM is not an effective use of Atomic's resources especially since we're not looking for any retail customers or distributors.

If anyone is interested in meeting up feel free to email Atomic's support address.

-TK

Please let me know where so I can check them out...thanks for the response.

Hi Galo, As I mentioned in my response to the email you sent, we'll be providing that information sometime before the show. In the case of private meetings in our hotel, those will be scheduled as we wont' be in the room all the time that's why I asked people to email directly. Really looking forward to meeting you in person!

-TK

Hi Tom,

Can we expect to see an operations manual with more details on the construction, performance, and operation of the CLR (similar to the link below) before the first invitations to purchase are issued? Also, where/when can we find out about the warranty, the return policy (how long, shipping costs, restocking fees?) and other key pieces of information concerning the CLR. Will the Atomic website be referencing the CLR's and provide this information?

http://www.fbtusa.net/files/VERVE_active_speaker_operation_manual.pdf

Hi Quark,

Answers to your questions:

Can we expect to see an operations manual with more details on the construction, performance, and operation of the CLR (similar to the link below) before the first invitations to purchase are issued?
We will have a detailed manual available before the first invitations go out.

Also, where/when can we find out about the warranty, the return policy (how long, shipping costs, restocking fees?) and other key pieces of information concerning the CLR. Will the Atomic website be referencing the CLR's and provide this information?
All this information will be on the website once we've completed the update. Atomic will continue it's current 15-day trial period. Restocking fees will not apply if the unit is returned without any user inflicted damage and when customers follow the return instructions that include sending the unit back within the designated time period, in the way which it was originally packaged with all the accompanying materials.

-TK

Tom, any news on a European distributor and approximate shipping month for a European delivery?
Thanks,
Uli

Given that the CLR's come in a passive version, I don't think it would be in Atomic's interest to discontinue the Reactor 50/50, unless they're simply updating it in some way.

Just thought of something...

I'm building a stereo rig, and I'm wondering if using two active CLR's could potentially introduce ground loop noise, as opposed to using a single stereo power amp, like the Reactor 50/50, into two passive CLR's.

Just thought of something...

I'm building a stereo rig, and I'm wondering if using two active CLR's could potentially introduce ground loop noise, as opposed to using a single stereo power amp, like the Reactor 50/50, into two passive CLR's.

As long as every thing is grounded right and to the same place it should be fine. This is one of the reasons why I always test the power that I'm plugging my gear into before I turn it on.

I've run a split stereo signal into two combo amps that were plugged into the same power conditioner, and had ground loop hum, so I don't think it's that simple.

Tomorrow's the start of the email notices... I suppose this is also the epoch moment for manuals, full details, etc. on both the passives and the actives.
Should be a good week :mrgreen
Mo

Ground loop hum is usually from too many grounds. You only need be grounded once, which can be from the AC or via the audio, as long as the audio item is grounded somewhere.

CLR Update:

From the Atomic Facebook page, "Due to an issue between our new shopping cart and our merchant vendor, Reserve List invitations will not start going out until Wednesday. We discovered this issue early this morning during some testing. I hoped to have it sorted by the end of the day but it wasn’t possible. Sorry for the delay.

All else is well. The first wave of CLRs have received final QC, are boxed up and are waiting in the shipping area to go out. No one is more excited to start shipping the than we are!"

Sure would be nice to have a manual and some official description of the product - enclosure construction, warranty, amp class, etc

One thing I would really like to see on the active CLR's is a volume control on the front (like a guitar amp usually has). That way you could adjust the volume of the monitor while playing, without affecting the FOH send from the Axe. It is pretty hard to do this while playing if you need to reach around to the back and adjust it (and keep playing).

One thing I would really like to see on the active CLR's is a volume control on the front (like a guitar amp usually has). That way you could adjust the volume of the monitor while playing, without affecting the FOH send from the Axe. It is pretty hard to do this while playing if you need to reach around to the back and adjust it (and keep playing).

Like most people, I always split the outputs for precisely that reason (out 1 or 2 to FOH, the other to my monitor/backline.) Fully independent control over my stage volume without any changes to FOH.

TT

Back
Top Bottom