Anyone makes Effects Packs?

there are a lot of resources here for those inclined... I watch Leons vids, follow along, and make blocks. I've gone thru some of the II threads and replicated settings. YEK/AustinBuddy/Simeon/Milo others are kind to share some great presets and you can easily build your library there. any time I'm playing a preset where I think "well that's a nice x" I immediately make a block. I won't betray the trust by sharing those but just saying... lots of good stuff available. Thank you all for that.

The Van Halen flanger in the Unchained preset that got posted was incredible pretty
Much nailed the Dunlop EVH IMO

The preset has up/down sweep on 2 scenes
But i am guessing you could have it set up on 2 channels toggle within
Same scene

Though I have no inside information, I’m pretty certain that my prescient hope from last year will come true in the nearish future as he is currently getting a firm handle on the incredible depth of his new III as we speak...
Not really.... @simeon has his FX presets and blocks shareware which are awesome but not made for the III.. if he ever did a full FX pack it would be special...all he needs is an Axefx III................

yes, i'm tooled up. :wrench:

spent the last couple of weeks getting my gigging presets sorted, so i can make the switch and i've just finished going through my ambient stuff. basically just a 1:1 translation. i haven't really had time to dig into things too deeply as of yet. i have been thinking about making some stuff for release, though. still considering what people might like to see. the delay blocks for the II were pretty popular, but i don't know if it would be worth doing another set for the III. some ambient patches, obviously. maybe even a set of 'gig ready" patches with 5 scenes each, all levelled and ready to use...just featuring some classic amp/cab combinations. i'd be interested in hearing what people think they might like.

spent the last couple of weeks getting my gigging presets sorted, so i can make the switch and i've just finished going through my ambient stuff. basically just a 1:1 translation. i haven't really had time to dig into things too deeply as of yet. i have been thinking about making some stuff for release, though. still considering what people might like to see. the delay blocks for the II were pretty popular, but i don't know if it would be worth doing another set for the III. some ambient patches, obviously. maybe even a set of 'gig ready" patches with 5 scenes each, all levelled and ready to use...just featuring some classic amp/cab combinations. i'd be interested in hearing what people think they might like.

I think your special efx
Synths violins string pad stuff
And blade runner etc were pretty
Amazing

My presets packs have a great deal of variations on modulations, delay and reverb settings. Just sayin' ;)
I'm also working on a library of drive pedals settings, both for a real amp and Axe-Fx III amps

If I made a delay effects pack that covered all the settings that say a blueSky pedal covered what would you pay for it? As much as a blueSky pedal? Sweetwater tells me a blueSky is USD$299 -- is that what you'd pay? Because I gotta tell you, the time and effort and monetary reward here start to look pretty lame when you charge less than that to clone a pedal thoroughly.

Last edited:
Yes please. Being pretty new to the Fractal world this is the thing that most surprises me. There are a ton of amp packs and presets for metal tones, but nothing that resembles good and creative FX presets like Strymon or Eventide.

I'd like to see you make effects blocks for all the presets in the Strymon Big Sky, Mobius, Timeline, Eventide H9, and H3000.
Thanks!

If I made a delay effects pack that covered all the settings that say a blueSky pedal covered what would you pay for it? As much as a blueSky pedal? Sweetwater tells me a blueSky is USD$299 -- is that what you'd pay? Because I gotta tell you, the time and effort and monetary reward here start to look pretty lame when you charge less than that to clone a pedal thoroughly.

I would be willing to pay half that.
And I'd be willing to pay full price if you could gurantee updates that would make it compatible with future Axe Fx 4,5, whatever comes out.

But also to add, you can't look at it like $300 a pop.... look at it like you make the presets and the say sell the pack for $30 and 10 users here buy it, you just made your $300. You would probably sell at least 50 packs at $30 each making you $1,500 total just for what, maybe a day or weekend of your time.

But also to add, you can't look at it like $300 a pop.... look at it like you make the presets and the say sell the pack for $30 and 10 users here buy it, you just made your $300. You would probably sell at least 50 packs at $30 each making you $1,500 total just for what, maybe a day or weekend of your time.
I just left $13,500 on the table if 50 people would have bought BigSky's instead.

People want a lot for very little around here.

A comment about the Boonar:

There is a small trimmer (adjustable only with a screwdriver) called Input Control. I find it very nasty. I had to adjust it to the minimum level, to avoid that ugly overdrive.

"INPUT CONTROL (side trimmer) controls the level of the input signal to the delay path. This control enables, Boonar to accept all kinds of instruments with various signal levels on the input. Cranking the Input Control all the way up will produce those beautiful overdrive effects on the delay, specific to the Binson Echorec."

I will not clone that at the Axe-FX, for sure. If you need drive, add your own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom