Anyone have any luck with the rectifier models?

This is a short test using the Recto2 Orange Modern and Recto New Mix cab. Sounds okay to me.

This sounds almost identical to the sound that I have in my head. My issue has been trying to eliminate the indigenous flub that I always encounter with the Rectifiers. When I create a preset it sounds like I'm just EQ'ing it but the "personality" of the model seems like it wants to keep pushing the flub effect with the low end. This preset seems to have actually addressed it and taken command of it. I really appreciate this preset and your work with it.

Rectifier amps are naturally on the tubby and buzzy side. Their bass response is hard to tame with some guitars. There are better amp choices if you want tight, focused gain.

Kim used a Tremoverb I believe which is basically an original 2 channel Rectifier with reverb and tremolo. You can hear the slight tubby and wooly quality throughout. Works great in that song's mix though.

Raising the low cut parameter really helps a lot in tightening up the response, particularly with bass heavy guitars. Cuts out a lot of the flub. Then add the beef back post gain with the graphic EQ or cab proximity. Don't go too high on the master on the recto models either. They get wooly pretty easily.

That's so wooly and nasty I want to itch, scratch pop a benadryl and jump in a cool shower!

Yeah the Rectifiers were a match made in heaven for grunge. Raw, messy, and a far cry from the polished, processed guitar tones of the 80's.

Success!!! Every one of the tips helped. The biggest problem was my MV at 4, brought it down to 2 and I'm right back in the ballpark of my real rectifier! Then all of the other tweaks got me even closer. Awesome knowledgeable group of people we have here! Thank You. Like I said before, I know the tubbiness is party of the Recto tone but it was too much I knew something had to have been wrong. I am now going to start playing with other models that I didn't have luck with to see if that is why.

Success!!! Every one of the tips helped. The biggest problem was my MV at 4, brought it down to 2 and I'm right back in the ballpark of my real rectifier! Then all of the other tweaks got me even closer. Awesome knowledgeable group of people we have here! Thank You. Like I said before, I know the tubbiness is party of the Recto tone but it was too much I knew something had to have been wrong. I am now going to start playing with other models that I didn't have luck with to see if that is why.
There you go!
I love the recto's and use them every day.
The big key is indeed to lower the master volume to about 2.00.
I use EMG's mostly so the low end is tight with those.
My amp settings for Recto 1 and 2 modern are usually something like this:
-gain 7-ish
-bass 2.5/3-ish
-mids anywhere from 3 to 6 but usually around 3/3.5
-treble 6/6.5-ish
-presence 6-ish
-mv 2.00
Of course I think the IRs I use help to achieve good Recto tones and I highly recommend them.
The song in my signature has the Recto's for all the heavy parts.

This sounds almost identical to the sound that I have in my head. My issue has been trying to eliminate the indigenous flub that I always encounter with the Rectifiers. When I create a preset it sounds like I'm just EQ'ing it but the "personality" of the model seems like it wants to keep pushing the flub effect with the low end. This preset seems to have actually addressed it and taken command of it. I really appreciate this preset and your work with it.

Thanks, man. Awesome to hear.

There you go!
I love the recto's and use them every day.
The big key is indeed to lower the master volume to about 2.00.
I use EMG's mostly so the low end is tight with those.
My amp settings for Recto 1 and 2 modern are usually something like this:
-gain 7-ish
-bass 2.5/3-ish
-mids anywhere from 3 to 6 but usually around 3/3.5
-treble 6/6.5-ish
-presence 6-ish
-mv 2.00
Of course I think the IRs I use help to achieve good Recto tones and I highly recommend them.
The song in my signature has the Recto's for all the heavy parts.
Cool! I was amazed at how completely different the model sounded when changing MV from 4 to 2. World of difference! I played around with that amp for a while this afternoon because I was so excited! haha

Cool! I was amazed at how completely different the model sounded when changing MV from 4 to 2. World of difference! I played around with that amp for a while this afternoon because I was so excited! haha

Yeah, the MV makes a big difference. I usually turn it to around 2.5 - 3. This combined with the LP Filter trick I mentioned earlier usually gives me tight, aggressive, yet chunky tones. That is using most high gain amps in different presets.

Perhaps I should put them back to the old values. I've been contemplating putting a parameter on the Speaker page from which you can select any of the cabs that we've captured data. I think we've got about data on about 30 or so cabs.

+ 1.000.000.000 ;)

Actually, I was not a big fan in previous firmware versions. But, I cant believe how good they sound now! These may become my new goto amp models.

I've been struggling with a lot of flubbyness in the Recto models since updating to Q2.0b3 and suspected it was more down to the right combination of amp parameters and IR rather than an issue with the unit/FW itself...Mainly because I heard some incredible Recto tones people have been getting with the latest FW.

Will be giving all your tips a whirl tonight.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom