Announcing the OwnHammer High Gain Essentials

Kevin,

The owners manual states that the special WAV files are not minimum phase transformed and that Cab-Lab will do this. However, in your previous UR compatible mix libraries we have all been using the WAV files that are presumably transformed already based on a comment in this manual. Does this mean our UR translations of the previous libraries are not as good as they could be? Or doesn't it matter? If it does matter, any chance you will be updating the previous mix libraries to have the special version?

Thanks!

Now that I am enlightened to many things I was not before, yes, in time I'll be doing this same thing for the previous libraries as well. No ETA, but it's on the list. :)

Negligible to 99 percent of people won't be able to tell the difference. Given the nature of the beast there is no way to predict the results. Doing things the way they were done here is the best way to present the files in the theoretical sense; how things play out in the real world is subject to chaos variations.

Yep. Add another $30 for CabLab.

I see - I don't have anything against CabLab, just not something I need - I already have my own stuff I use. All I wanted was the UltraRes conversion - I'm not sure I want to pay $30 just for that.

I guess I'll stick to regular IRs for now :)

I have to admit these impulses initially sound sooo good that I removed all the other user loaded IRs in my Axe FX and I'm thinking about just tossing all my other impulses away (and I have a LOT). These are really that good. They make all my other impulses obsolete.

I have to admit these impulses initially sound sooo good that I removed all the other user loaded IRs in my Axe FX and I'm thinking about just tossing all my other impulses away (and I have a LOT). These are really that good. They make all my other impulses obsolete.

i'm in the same boat, these are really good!!

+1. It's almost a FW update kinda feeling. And to know now what I was missing w/o cab lab... like it was all just wasted time.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21012036/Mile%20Zero%20OH%20HGE%20test.mp3

I decided to do a single take play through on a song just to test the new cabs. I used a mix of Mesa CH-08 and placed it right into an old preset and instantly loved it! It's so easy to find a usable tone out of these.

Mind sharing/giving some insight in the patch used for this clip? Also, did you try out the other new OH cabs out with the same patch?

Mind sharing/give some insi the patch used for this clip?

Quick FYI on this note - I made specially prepared .wav files for the purpose of Ultra-Res conversion and placed them in the ..\Axe-Fx-II\Ultra-Res folder, which is in the Axe-Fx-II.zip file. More details in the manual from the docs.zip. :)
Kevin, a question, from memory (I'am at work now) these files are 28 ko, and the 48 khz/mono wiles in the .wav archives are 70 ko, why is there such a size difference ?

Hi, quick one, because I haven't seen the anwser in this thread :

What WAV source do you use for the Wav2Syx conversion in CabLab ?
Is it 44.1 Mono ? any other srouce better than that ?

thanks !

Hey guys, 1. Do it worth it to buy the IR's when i only go for high res ones vs the IR'S we already have in the Axe factory cabs? 2. And is the Mesa IR captured from a real Mesa Oversized standard 4x12 cab?

Do i need CABLAB for ultrares?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom