Announcing the OwnHammer High Gain Essentials

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce a new set of library projects dubbed the High Gain Essentials. What is "essential" about them? They provision everything you need and nothing you don't for killer high gain tone in the studio, on stage, and at home - and, well, they sound so good you simply shouldn't be without them. I may be biased, but from some of the sound clips the beta testers have posted over in the recording forum, maybe not. :)

There are many, many more cabinets and speakers to come, however the first batch contains 9 single libraries, which you can find here:

High Gain Essentials: OwnHammer.com - Store

So far I couldn't recommend any one over another, the reason these are in the first run is there really isn't a bad one in the bunch. All very different sounding, and all have different sweet spots. As a recommendation for a place to start in the auditioning process, for me personally I like position 05 for the V30-CH-08, position 08 for the V30-CH-16, and position 03 for the V30-EN. Your mileage may vary. The cabs and power amp options will suit different sources and tonal aesthetics to taste.

Lastly, for those with Cab-Lab wanting to convert the .wav files to Ultra-Res, download the Axe-Fx-II.zip and the docs.zip. I have specially prepped files for this task in the Axe-Fx-II.zip as opposed to the Wave-Audio.zip. More info is in the PDF manual.

Hope everyone digs them!

Last edited:
Great to have access to captures of this trio of mighty cabs.

So many to choose from :)
Have to buy the all!
Is it a big difference in the sound between 8 and 16 ohm?
maybe someone have spectrum responce screenshot?

I absolutely love you for selling them as individuals, so we can pick and choose! Hope you're doing well Kevin.

Hey Kevin, could you tell me which cabinets would come stock with which speakers? I know the Mesa would come stock with the V30EN, right? But I am not sure about the others. And can different 4x12's, with the same exact speakers, really make a noticeable difference in tone?

I bought the Mesa cabs. I left you a message too.

They sound excellent. Very crisp and defined in the top end and focused in the bottom end. My PRS thanks you.

Purchased 412-GTR ENGL HGE and 412-GTR DZL both EN and CH types
Those IR's is like the end of the line for high gain tone :D nothing can beat them at the moment!
Bless you Kevin :tranquillity:

I loaded the "tube" ir`s first.. and i was like.. maan.. heavy sound,hehe

So i changed them to the SolidState (clean) ir`s. I think i like them,a bit more.. in the studio ;)

don't be misleaded by the name "High Gain". these work really well in the crunchy world of sounds as well. and as we all know, one man's high gain is another's overdriven ;)

Back
Top Bottom