Announcing the OwnHammer High Gain Essentials

I'll be purchasing this asap. Been waiting for the last two weeks to purchase these.

Thanks Kevin! Keep up the amazing work. We really appreciate it!

Bought Mesa and ENGL cabs. I was immediately struck by the clarity of the impulses. I have not had much time playing around with them, but first impression is these might be the best high gain irs yet (and I have tried hundreds). Very well done!

Edit.

They are indeed very clear sounding with only what I perceive as cab and the usual sm57 fizz but no other coloration/saturation (the solid state ones, that is). Have the mic samples been processed? The low end is very tight and almost feels as if the irs had a low cut to them.

Edit2.

there is indeed a pretty clear difference between the 8 and 16 ohm. at least in the ENGL cab. The 16 ohms seems brighter much due to having more (pleasant) fizz.

Last edited:
Stupid question, I just saw it on Facebook and quickly read how it's not a bundle. For those of you who purchased them, how much where they for the whole thing.

Tomorrow if payday and I need to justify how much I'm spending to the boss lady haha

Dead simple. Seriously. Install it. You can load up to 8 IR's in the mixer (top of the app). The sliders below set how high the corresponding IR is in that IR mix. In the AxeFXII just select the scratchpad (last slot in the User IR slots). Name the IR in CabLab (you always have to name it first for some reason) and then select "send to scratchpad". When you find that grammy winning mix you can save it to a slot or save the session which will load the IR's and mixer settings when you reload it or export it as an UltraRes IR to the computer.

So if I simply want to convert these to UltraRes, is it as simple as something like 1) Load them into Cab Lab and 2) Save them in UltraRes format? Assume that I DON'T want to do anything other than convert them as is.

Tony

re: 8 vs 16 ohm, I remember reading an article about the various speaker impedances attenuating the extremely high & low freqs differently (16ohm more attenuated than 8, IIRC). This would explain the different sound/feel from each. I would imagine the 8's to be better suited for a HUGE live tone, where as the 16 might be a little easier to cut in a mix... IDK, YMMV.

In other news...

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Gettin' on this soon as I'm off work! Think I'll start with the EN's :D

I will definitely be checking these out.

I think i'm using one of the Ownhammer cabs in my current mix and it sounds great.

Hurray OH !
Hurry Cab Lab !

Now I have to cull out a bunch of existing cabs.........

:(

Please make the V9's and Kalthallens disappear. I want an XL but not yet...

Just as sort of a best practice review - we are only supposed to use the 48K Mono wav's to convert to UR with Cab-Lab, yes ?

Back
Top Bottom