Announcing the OwnHammer High Gain Essentials

Hey guys, 1. Do it worth it to buy the IR's when i only go for high res ones vs the IR'S we already have in the Axe factory cabs? 2. And is the Mesa IR captured from a real Mesa Oversized standard 4x12 cab?

Do i need CABLAB for ultrares?

Yes you do. Come on.. it`s a good thing to have ;)

Kevin, a question, from memory (I'am at work now) these files are 28 ko, and the 48 khz/mono wiles in the .wav archives are 70 ko, why is there such a size difference ?

The files in the Axe-Fx II folders are 200 ms long and the files in the WAV folders are much longer

Given current budget limitations, I plan to buy one of each cab (probably the EN speaker based on some positive comments here). My thinking is that having the 3 cabinets provides the most variation in tone. Do you guys think the speaker variations within each cabinet offer a significant amount of tone variation? Can anyone provide insight into the characteristics of the 3903 vs 3904 vs 4335 versions of the v30?

Last edited:
Purchased the whole bunch.
How long did you have to wait to get the download link?
It's been 6 hours and I haven't received anything yet.
Perhaps I have to wait until Kevin falls out of his bed ;)
Can't wait to give these a try.

Login to your account on the page, then look at the orders(view) there i was able to download them, perhaps it helps

Given current budget limitations, I plan to buy one of each cab (probably the EN speaker based on some positive comments here). My thinking is that having the 3 cabinets provides the most variation in tone. Do you guys think the speaker variations within each cabinet offer a significant amount of tone variation? Can anyone provide insight into the characteristics of the 3903 vs 3904 vs 4335 versions of the v30?
The speakers are significantly different, as much or more than the cabinet differences, and I'm actually preferring the bite you get with the CH versions myself so far. The 8Ohm and 16Ohm are different enough to warrant different versions. If you want variety I'd go with 3 different cabs with 3 different speakers, say the Mesa in CH8, Diezel in CH16 and Engl in EN for example, rather than 3 different cabs with the same speaker. (I just picked those at random as an example, not because of any particular preference for any speaker in a particular cab.)

Login to your account on the page, then look at the orders(view) there i was able to download them, perhaps it helps
The link was there all along.
I just got confused because my shopping basket wasn't empty.
I'm off to give these a try.

The speakers are significantly different, as much or more than the cabinet differences, and I'm actually preferring the bite you get with the CH versions myself so far. The 8Ohm and 16Ohm are different enough to warrant different versions. If you want variety I'd go with 3 different cabs with 3 different speakers, say the Mesa in CH8, Diezel in CH16 and Engl in EN for example, rather than 3 different cabs with the same speaker. (I just picked those at random as an example, not because of any particular preference for any speaker in a particular cab.)

Thanks for the advice!

Kevin thank you. I don't know you but you just helped me find that sound I've been trying to get . I feel like I'm playing out of my fryette power amp. When it was working. Cheers man

I only bought the ENs thinking that 300+ IRs was more than enough to get started with. The 3 cabs do provide a lot of variation imo. I only got to play through cans last night, but I'm loving the tube PA options. I think the SSs might work better with my PA though. It hasn't taken me long to start picking out favorites, but I briefly went through them all with a 5150 preset and there's not a bad one in the whole lot of all 3 cabs!
Fwiw, being able to mix some of the brighter ones with darker ones via cab lab is just... idk how to put it, it just sounds so good and clear, tight with the right kinda fizz, and makes it all super easy. I plan on using my own mixes with these IRs w/mono UR and panning hard l/r with a filter or vol block at the end of the chain. Besides having different room parameters and such, these really eliminate the need for a 2nd cab block if you have cab lab.

Purchased the whole bunch.
How long did you have to wait to get the download link?
It's been 6 hours and I haven't received anything yet.
Perhaps I have to wait until Kevin falls out of his bed ;)
Can't wait to give these a try.

I bought the Mesa's last Night and twice it took to long so it did not work - I tried later again and it worked, but still took longer than usual. I think because the wave files are included, so it takes longer than normal ir's. Thats why you have to download them once at the time or wait till first rush is over. Today I bought the Diezel's wow, f. good but different than the Mesa. They sound fantastic as High Res and even better as UltraRes. My Marshall sounds now I use 2 cabs. One with the BW-room-mix and the ohter cab with the Mesa V30 EN Mix nr.3 Solid State - absolut amazing. I prefere the EN mor than the CH, but for some dark sounds the CH might help brightning up. Tomorrow I#m playing loud - can't wait for it. as some one already said, it has the right amount of fizz and clarity and very tight bottom ends.:encouragement::devilish: Thanks Kevin...

Tony

Yeah, these are great; super thick. I'm digging the 16 Ohm solid state studio Chinese V30s in both the Diezel and Engl. I'm just getting started so I've been trying the OH ENGL or DZL-RL V30-CH-16 SLST ST 05 IR. I plan to check out the different speaker, and alternate mic placements later, but any mix recipes are welcome :encouragement:

You guys are giving me GAS!!!!!!!!! (well, I guess this is more 'IR-AS').
I guess I'm going to be buying these tomorrow.....

Anyone find a cab that sounds similar to the Basketweave TV?
I know these are very different cabs....but you never know.

Very happy to hear everybody is digging these! :)

Kevin, a question, from memory (I'am at work now) these files are 28 ko, and the 48 khz/mono wiles in the .wav archives are 70 ko, why is there such a size difference ?

As noted a little further up, this is because of the tail length. If you go to the ..Wav\Truncated\48-kHz_Mono folder you'll note they are the same size. The ones in the Ultra-Res and Truncated folders are 200 ms long; the ones in the regular Wav folders are 500 ms long.

Back
Top Bottom