Announcing Cab-Lab!

I thought the point of cab lab was that we could try out different IRs and combinations of them, without having to upload them to Axe 2 first. Are you saying that is not so? So basically, with cab lab we can combine more than 2 IRs, whilst in the Axe we can only combine two right?

You have to load them in the axe-fx, how else would the axe-fx process them. But for auditioning you can just use the scratchpad slot. It is very fast.
You can load up to 8 IRs, besides mixing you can solo or mute any combination of the IRs. So you can quickly A/B 8 separate IRs, or 2 combinations of 4 IRs, or 4 combinations of 2 IRs, etc.

Just solo the IRs you want want to combine and hit send. solo another set and hit send and it will load.

Wasn't sure if I ever posted these.

u4e3anuz.jpg

e5ure2y3.jpg

M@ knows what these are. They are about to go on a journey.
vaqare4a.jpg

White Matrix GTs?

Yeah, John said that they had some special DSP processing in them for those particular speakers that they were demoing.

This is from Matrix on their facebook page.

"We're getting a lot of comments (and rightly so) on the white amps we used at the La Amp Show. These were done for a little "bling" and were used to power the FR212's we had there. They were basically bridged GT1000 amps at a 1000w each in mono. They also featured a DSP in there to time align and flatten the EQ of the drivers/cab. The production FR212's will have an 800w (@ 4 ohms) GM100 module in the back of the cab which will feature the same DSP the white amps had. Don't worry, it will still be loud enough!!

We will though do a limited run of our standard GT1000FX amps in white though, as we agree, they look cool as hell!!"

We probably shouldn't go off topic though.

I'm not a medic but as far as first impressions with urine samples go, I'd say Matt has a problem

M@ said he cut up 10 glow sticks. Looks like nasty stuff to me. I'm not sure I would want to be playing in a Vat of that. Hopefully he doesn't grow any extra appendages. Unless he wants that of course, an extra finger would be nice.

"End of the month" would not, to me, indicate in the middle of the month. As it is 14th today, i would guess that 15th oct (tomorrow) is spot in the middle ;)

What for it... 25-31.oct is a wild guess.

the design is awesome, so simple and clear. this is a real blessing in todays design-chaos-stupidity! :)

You have to load them in the axe-fx, how else would the axe-fx process them. But for auditioning you can just use the scratchpad slot. It is very fast.
You can load up to 8 IRs, besides mixing you can solo or mute any combination of the IRs. So you can quickly A/B 8 separate IRs, or 2 combinations of 4 IRs, or 4 combinations of 2 IRs, etc.

Just solo the IRs you want want to combine and hit send. solo another set and hit send and it will load.

I'm still a little confused on this.... Are you saying that in the Scratch-pad slot, you would load 8 separate IR's, and from there, you can use cab lab to solo/mix/mute any combination of those 8 IR's? But, like you said, the AXE can't process them unless they are loaded in the box. I guess I didn't realize the scratchpad can handle 8 IR's. Or, am I still missing something?

I'm still a little confused on this.... Are you saying that in the Scratch-pad slot, you would load 8 separate IR's, and from there, you can use cab lab to solo/mix/mute any combination of those 8 IR's? But, like you said, the AXE can't process them unless they are loaded in the box. I guess I didn't realize the scratchpad can handle 8 IR's. Or, am I still missing something?

If you ask for CabLab too early, Matt just ships you a flask with green glowing goop (of unknown origin).

Best to wait patiently.

no, you can mix up to 8 IRs in the Lab (solo, mute, etc.) and audition your mix via Scratchpad. if you like what you hear you can just export that mix as a new IR and load it into your Axe.

no, you can mix up to 8 IRs in the Lab (solo, mute, etc.) and audition your mix via Scratchpad. if you like what you hear you can just export that mix as a new IR and load it into your Axe.

That's kind of what I thought, but how does the sound travel through the various cabs and mixes etc. if they are all not loaded in the AXE? Does it send the audio signal via USB into the CAB LAB program on your computer, then back to the AXE via USB and then through the rest of the signal chain to the output section?

I've never used the Scratch pad slot so I'm trying to visualize how it works...

That's kind of what I thought, but how does the sound travel through the various cabs and mixes etc. if they are all not loaded in the AXE? Does it send the audio signal via USB into the CAB LAB program on your computer, then back to the AXE via USB and then through the rest of the signal chain to the output section?

think of the Scratchpad slot as a temporary slot. you're over complicating things here :). you have your Axe, connected via USB, you have Cab-Lab connected to the Axe. just like Fractal Bot, you can send a Mix straight to the Axe's Scratchpad to audition the mix. which way you're listening to your Axe is up to you...headphones, frfr... since that Mix is "live" at this stage (and not "printed") you'll have to export it as a new IR if you like it and then load it into any user slot in the Axe...

It's just another cab slot. The only difference is that it doen't get saved. That gives you a place to try out cabs without overwriting a user slot.

think of the Scratchpad slot as a temporary slot. you're over complicating things here :). you have your Axe, connected via USB, you have Cab-Lab connected to the Axe. just like Fractal Bot, you can send a Mix straight to the Axe's Scratchpad to audition the mix. which way you're listening to your Axe is up to you...headphones, frfr... since that Mix is "live" at this stage (and not "printed") you'll have to export it as a new IR if you like it and then load it into any user slot in the Axe...

Okay, I got it... So you open cab lab on your computer, load up to 8 IR's, then you can send that "mix" of all 8 IR's to scratchpad and see how it sounds. If you want to change things, you start tweaking the 8 IR's in Cab Lab (muting, mixing, etc.), then you send that new mix version to scratchpad and see how it sounds. So, you're not hearing the effect of the mixing/muting etc. until you send that latest IR mix to the scratchpad.

It sounds good, and I will use it for sure... just wish it was more real-time mixing/auditioning so you can hear the result immediately like some of those DAW plug-ins I've heard about...

Back
Top Bottom