Announcing Cab-Lab!

It sounds good, and I will use it for sure... just wish it was more real-time mixing/auditioning so you can hear the result immediately like some of those DAW plug-ins I've heard about...

The looper can help and let you focus on the IR aspect. Not exactly like a DAW though.

Okay, I got it... So you open cab lab on your computer, load up to 8 IR's, then you can send that "mix" of all 8 IR's to scratchpad and see how it sounds. If you want to change things, you start tweaking the 8 IR's in Cab Lab (muting, mixing, etc.), then you send that new mix version to scratchpad and see how it sounds. So, you're not hearing the effect of the mixing/muting etc. until you send that latest IR mix to the scratchpad.

It sounds good, and I will use it for sure... just wish it was more real-time mixing/auditioning so you can hear the result immediately like some of those DAW plug-ins I've heard about...
IR-Lab isn't a DAW plugin, but it sounds like it would do what you are looking for. Record a short clip without the cabinet block, then use that to tweak the mix inside of the app. But I don't know if they'll be supporting the new IR formats. Personally I didn't like the workflow until I gave it a test and it's pretty good after you try it a few times.

But I do agree that using the looper is pretty close to the same deal. You just need to load it into the AxeFX to hear it.

IR-Lab isn't a DAW plugin, but it sounds like it would do what you are looking for. Record a short clip without the cabinet block, then use that to tweak the mix inside of the app. But I don't know if they'll be supporting the new IR formats. Personally I didn't like the workflow until I gave it a test and it's pretty good after you try it a few times.

But I do agree that using the looper is pretty close to the same deal. You just need to load it into the AxeFX to hear it.

IR-Lab doesn't support the new format(s).

Okay, I got it... So you open cab lab on your computer, load up to 8 IR's, then you can send that "mix" of all 8 IR's to scratchpad and see how it sounds. If you want to change things, you start tweaking the 8 IR's in Cab Lab (muting, mixing, etc.), then you send that new mix version to scratchpad and see how it sounds. So, you're not hearing the effect of the mixing/muting etc. until you send that latest IR mix to the scratchpad.

that's exactly it. actually, "realtime" or not, doesn't really matter that much as everything's really fast. your final opinion may differ, but it's absolutely fine for me since it's really just a click of a button. say you have four IRs loaded, mute number three, click send to Scratch Pad and there it is, as fast as you clicked it... almost like realtime really.

Ah, you're at Red Wire?

I got mixIR2 when I picked up the bundle some time ago. I used it a bit but it does not write an Axe2 IR from the mix you've created, unless it's been updated. It only writes Axe Ultra/Standard IR's. Still, it was really interesting to play with mixes and to hear how the sound changed when you dialed the IR length back to a standard Axe2 length (using a wav file).

Terry.

Well, I meant to ask if you're with Red Wire (member of the RW team). :)
Because you wrote "our MixiR2."

The "t" in "out" got "fat fingered".:p

And if I had chubby digits that might be excusable! :mrgreen

I looked over the keyboard and "R" is the only letter that could possibly have changed the meaning of the sentence. Anything else would have clearly been a typo. :D

Terry.

that's exactly it. actually, "realtime" or not, doesn't really matter that much as everything's really fast. your final opinion may differ, but it's absolutely fine for me since it's really just a click of a button. say you have four IRs loaded, mute number three, click send to Scratch Pad and there it is, as fast as you clicked it... almost like realtime really.

yeah, this and the Looper trick will probably be pretty easy work-flow.... appreciate all the info... can't wait to try it!

And if I had chubby digits that might be excusable! :mrgreen

I looked over the keyboard and "R" is the only letter that could possibly have changed the meaning of the sentence. Anything else would have clearly been a typo. :D

Terry.

... or maybe it was just a, "Freudian slip". :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom