Announcing Cab-Lab!

I want to ask a question regarding 3rd party IR's and their legal right. Now that Fractal and others have their own IR mixing solution what are the legal limits of sharing custom mixed IR's?

I want to ask a question regarding 3rd party IR's and their legal right. Now that Fractal and others have their own IR mixing solution what are the legal limits of sharing custom mixed IR's?
I think that a "mixed" IR is more like a third thing like mixing a new song using some loops or samples. Loops and samples are copyrighted as single elements... but not the song.
What I mean is that you can't share the single copyrighted IR as is... but you can share a new "mixed" IR.
Well maybe... who read all the legal notices??? :nightmare:

I don't think it's cool to share even mixes. I'd love to share them but it could harm selling the IRs. Also it could be a nice sample for people.. but f.ex. I'd love to share those mixes I made in my thread: forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/76654-clark-kents-ownhammer-secret-sauce-recipes.html to share with the community. I spent hours and hours making them... still... I think I've put the IR packs up to their fullest potential so it's not cool if I'd share them for free and some people don't feel the need to buy them from OwnHammer or Redwirez. :( I'd love to but it feels extremely illegal. I remember back in the day I did a verification thingy so that everyone who wanted them had to email me and verify that they infact owned the collections so I could share my IRs. That was a pain in the ass and also didn't feel like it was my place to see their purchase information.

You may not (a) copy, print (except for printing of PDF Operations Manuals), republish, display, distribute, transmit, sell, rent, lease, loan or otherwise make available in any form or by any means all or any portion of the Site or any information, materials, products, code, technology, or documents retrieved from it; (b) create compilations or derivative works of any information, materials, products, code, technology, or documents from the Site; (c) use any information, materials, products, code, technology, or documents from the Site in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right, proprietary right, or property right of us or any third parties; (d) remove, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any Site software or use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the Site architecture.

Back
Top Bottom