Announcing AxeCapture: A plugin to save Axe-FX presets in your DAW project.

Issue happily solved after opening a new instance of AxeCapture. After that, the old instances can be used without errors.

Than you for your kind support, @GlennO

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/real-time-daw-control-of-axe.203083/post-2538599

Is there a way to control the Axe in real time with my DAW?

Ideally I would love to have an Axe-Edit AU or VST plugin so could automate parameter changes. This would be a powerful feature especially when re-amping thru the Axe.
In all honesty I would love to have an Axe-Edit plugin so that all of the parameters are visible to the DAW and can be automated like every other plugin I use every day.

A good example of this would be Spectrasonics Omnisphere that includes software control of many hardware synths.

Note to Fractal Audio: I would pay for an Axe-Edit plugin!

Last edited:
Personally, I think that would be an awesome idea. Imagine all the cool things you could do with a plugin that has automatable parameters that controls an Axe-FX. Not only could you use automation lanes to control Axe-FX parameters, but you could use a DAW control surface with hardware knobs and sliders to control an Axe-FX.

Personally, I think that would be an awesome idea. Imagine all the cool things you could do with a plugin that has automatable parameters that controls an Axe-FX. Not only could you use automation lanes to control Axe-FX parameters, but you could use a DAW control surface with hardware knobs and sliders to control an Axe-FX.
That would be sooooo sweet.

This is so great! Awesome job! Does this plugin work if you're not using the Axe Fx as an interface? I usually record via XLR or TRS because of my setup, but still use USB for Axe Edit. Will this still work?

This is so great! Awesome job! Does this plugin work if you're not using the Axe Fx as an interface? I usually record via XLR or TRS because of my setup, but still use USB for Axe Edit. Will this still work?
Yes, if I understand your question. I don't use Axe Fx as an interface. I use XLR to plug into my interface and TRS for DI - reamping. It works very well.

Yes, if I understand your question. I don't use Axe Fx as an interface. I use XLR to plug into my interface and TRS for DI - reamping. It works very well.
That's amazing! I usually save my presets when I'm tracking guitars and will use scenes with labels as to what I used; which guitar too, etc., but this is a really great option!

It requires a couple extra steps, but MIDI can already do this.

It requires a couple extra steps, but MIDI can already do this.

That's the point. While it's possible to control Axe-FX parameters via midi, there would be many advantages if it could be done via host automation. Not only would it require far fewer steps to set up, you'd be able to take advantage of the many benefits of automation, for example display of parameter names in the automation lane.

That's the point. While it's possible to control Axe-FX parameters via midi, there would be many advantages if it could be done via host automation. Not only would it require far fewer steps to set up, you'd be able to take advantage of the many benefits of automation, for example display of parameter names in the automation lane.
^ EVERYTHING GlennO just said!

***Fractal, take my money...please!

Would love to hear about your method for tracking guitars with the Axe. What are you using to track the dry guitar signal? Direct through your ULN-8?
Yes! Stereo XLR into inputs 3/4 of my ULN-8. Then the dry DI goes into either track 1 or 2 of the same ULN-8. The ULN-8 has fantastic pres and is a great converter. I record analog because I often record at higher sampling rates like 96k.

Back
Top Bottom