Announcing Axe-Fx II XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually RELIEVED! I am not GASing for this one - none of the new features appeal (with the exception of the encoder). I have more pedal inputs than I need with my Liquid Foot. True, a lower noise floor w/b nice, but I am OK with the noise floor I've got (quieter than my amps!). For once, I can stay happy with what I've got!!!

I'd like to hear more about this "Secret Sauce III"

It was my understanding that my guitar had more self noise than the Axe and that is really quiet anyway. Far more quite than my Uberschall and Boogie heads. Cliff has always been proud of the Axe adding less noise than a guitar does, so are these improvements dramatic and if so, what context are these improvements most noticeable?

I'd like to hear more about this "Secret Sauce III"

It was my understanding that my guitar had more self noise than the Axe and that is really quiet anyway. Far more quite than my Uberschall and Boogie heads. Cliff has always been proud of the Axe adding less noise than a guitar does, so are these improvements dramatic and if so, what context are these improvements most noticeable?

Cliff mentioned it is a subtle difference.

I wish I could see a cheaper version of the AXE FX II as a floorboard unit with built in pedals. This is something that I would look for to add to my current gear. I am way too happy with my AXE FXII and plan to keep it for good. I have actually to learn to program it and dig deeper into it. The XL is just too much for me, at least for now.

At first I was surprised this had only subtle variances to the normal AFXII . Then I remembered, there's not much can be done to improve it anyway!

So far, I'm not gassing too bad. Remembering when I had my AFX Standard, I didn't upgrade to the Ultra for ages, because I didn't need the features so much. In the end I only upgraded to keep up with the joneses really. Then the AFXII came along and that was a simpler decision made more out of necessity as it was such a huge advancement.

1. More presets.
2. No.

the answer #2 was to the question: "is there a DSP and MODELLING capability difference between mark 1 and 2 ?"

that would refer to the axe fx 2 mark 1 and 2 right?

what we all wanna know is:

is there a DPS and MODELIING capability difference between the AXE-FX II and the II XL??

Wow. Funny thing is, I was planning on getting a new guitar around mid-2014. That may change now. Haven't decided if I really need the extra power - most of my presets are as basic as you can get...guitar, cab, reverb, delay, sometimes a modulation effect and/or drive effect. No use for looping. The extra space for IRs is pretty cool though. I may be deciding between a new axe and a new AXE.

the only area i needed improvement was looper memory. Will that increase?

As for the XL being backward compatible with the II, cool but...we all know that as quickly as advancements are made this will not be the case for long...

Just bought a backup in November "Dagnabbit" I hope there's some way when these become availably , that the parasites using bots to buy them all up for resale on ebay can be controlled! When the II's came out you couldn't fill out the info fast enough to buy one! by the time it was complete and hit purchase they were gone again!!! took me over 3 months just to buy one!!

Just bought a backup in November "Dagnabbit" I hope there's some way when these become availably , that the parasites using bots to buy them all up for resale on ebay can be controlled! When the II's came out you couldn't fill out the info fast enough to buy one! by the time it was complete and hit purchase they were gone again!!! took me over 3 months just to buy one!!

They are using a different method or service these days, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm not sure if you are going to see a huge group of people upgrade right away. Once Cliff separates the XL by adding some functionality that the II doesn't have (Looper), you might see it then. That's Cliff's challenge, get people to upgrade. I will by August. By then something really cool I bet will be wanted by all. Of course by august it will be out of Stock...

Cliff, thanks for always pushing forward.

Cool ! That's awesome! Thanks!! I was unaware of that!

Yeah, you have to remember the II blew up, they were no longer a really small company, they had to meet the demand and having a descent Web Commerce site was/is extremely important to the bottom line.

Yeah, you have to remember the II blew up, they were no longer a really small company, they had to meet the demand and having a descent Web Commerce site was/is extremely important to the bottom line.

Yes You are Correct!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom