Amp sim requests

VegaBaby said:
I've had exactly the same experience as you, Finaldo. Clean settings on most high gain amps sounded thin and also -12 null filter in front didn't keep the character...
Glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this. I would like to have a nice loud slightly overdriven EL34 amp, like a Plexi, that I could add pedals to get dirt. There's something about the roundness and bite to a clean tone that's juuuuust starting to break up that is great! I haven't found that with the Axe-Fx. I need to take a look at the other amp models and see if there's a good clean EL34 candidate in there, then I could try switching in the Plexi tone stack, and see where that gets me.

Finaldo said:
VegaBaby said:
I've had exactly the same experience as you, Finaldo. Clean settings on most high gain amps sounded thin and also -12 null filter in front didn't keep the character...
Glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this. I would like to have a nice loud slightly overdriven EL34 amp, like a Plexi, that I could add pedals to get dirt. There's something about the roundness and bite to a clean tone that's juuuuust starting to break up that is great! I haven't found that with the Axe-Fx. I need to take a look at the other amp models and see if there's a good clean EL34 candidate in there, then I could try switching in the Plexi tone stack, and see where that gets me.

Yep, that's exactly what I was looking for. I tried it with the Brown model because at its sweet spot it sounds HUGE. Didn't sound cool anymore on clean. All the punch and roundness was gone...

VegaBaby said:
Finaldo said:
VegaBaby said:

Yep, that's exactly what I was looking for. I tried it with the Brown model because at its sweet spot it sounds HUGE. Didn't sound cool anymore on clean. All the punch and roundness was gone...

Have you tried the Plexi 2 w/ the deep switch on. Master up,Drive down.

javajunkie said:

Have you tried the Plexi 2 w/ the deep switch on. Master up,Drive down.[/quote]

Actually I haven't. I've got master up on all non master amps anyway, but only tried this particular thing with the Brown since I tried to turn my fav amp into my allround amp as well :) . Will give it a go...

javajunkie said:
Have you tried the Plexi 2 w/ the deep switch on. Master up,Drive down.
Actually I was just messing with the JM45 using the Plexi 1 tone stack and I was pretty happen with what I was hearing...

jdurso said:
How about...

VHT Sig X especially the "Wood" midrange setting in rhythm and lead channels

Mesa Roadster/Road King's Channel 3 Vintage because the current recto sims are too much like the 3 channel rectos and dont rally hit the nail on the head

Mesa Express 5:50 clean channel on 50 watt mode all eqs at 12... the perfect clean

Bogner Uberschall in how you can crank the gain without losing an ounce of clarity

take into account this is coming from someone who has only breifly had the chance to play/hear one up close, but from the research i've done and the clips i've heard, the rectos are lacking big time. Actually I've never heard a properly modelled recto which could be because most people dont know how to dial them in. If there already is an Uber and it has that gain characteristic then scrath that. I dont think there are any VHT sims which is damn shame because the ULs, CLs and Sig X are killer amps. Again this is more from an outsiders (hopefully soon to be insiders :D ) perspective.

I'm going to agree. UL, CL, or Sig:X. The Sig:X is the amp that I was going to buy until I heard about the Axe-FX. I'm still waiting on the cash for a Standard, but it would be ridiculously amazing if one of these VHT rigs gets modelled!

ctyelvis said:
The L5. Wasn't that B.B. Kings amp of choice for many years? I'd like to see that one added!

Still uses it the last I saw him.

I had one myself and regret ever selling it. I bought it right at Moog when they decided to stop selling them. I just bought a used one from Daddys but they didn't pack it very well and the corner was all smashed in when I received it. They took it back and were cool about it....but I still want an L5!!!

So +1 on the L5 in the Axe-Fx.

I had already noted the Mesa Mark IIC+ and ADA MP-1 Preamp (ss clean and tube drive modes) previously, but I wanted to add in some more:

Mesa Triaxis Lead 2 Green

I know it's based on the Mark IV and there's already a Mark IV model in there, but I always thought that my Lead 2 Green Mode in the Triaxis had a different sound than the MK IV. Seemed to have a different vibe, and I could dial in some nearly spot on Metallica "Load" tone with it, where as my MK IV has a little too much...something...to get that vibe.

Mesa Stiletto Tite Gain and Fluid Gain Modes

I've owned a couple of Stilettos, and they nail the hot rodded Marshall sound, but have a Boogie vibe. The Tite Gain Mode was great for rhythm, and the Fluid Drive was excellent for leads.

I'd like to see an Ampeg VH140C (now discontinued, wish I could get one) :cry:
Legendary death metaler's amp that one :mrgreen:
Anyone know which current amp model might get you closest to that?

hideous said:

I still think that is funny. I donated mine to our church :D

The little kids play thru it now :lol:

My guess would be a solid state amp - Jazz maybe with a pedal like the shred master in front. You would probably need to bring the tone down on the shredmaster.

javajunkie said:
hideous said:

My guess would be a solid state amp - Jazz maybe with a pedal like the shred master in front. You would probably need to bring the tone down on the shredmaster.
Lol, that's good :lol: There were a few different versions of that amp I think, some bands got a unique sound out of that thing.
Thanks, I didn't know the Jazz was a solid state model.

hideous said:
javajunkie said:
hideous said:

Lol, that's good :lol: There were a few different versions of that amp I think, some bands got a unique sound out of that thing.
Thanks, I didn't know the Jazz was a solid state model.

It makes for a good hi gain amp. Razor sharp. Good solid state clean and the stereo chorus wasn't bad an it either.

Like several others who've posted on this topic, I'm also looking for a vintage clean tone, a bright, crystal "twang" tone, and a vintage clean tone with some natural breakup / light tube overdrive, so here are more specifics on my Vox wish-list.

1+ for each of these:

Vox A.C. 50/80/100 Super Twin
Vox A.C. 80 or 100 SDL
Vox 7120 (good luck finding one of these!)
Vox 730 or 760
Vox Conqueror or Defiant

see: http://www.voxshowroom.com/equipment/ for more items on my wish list!

Peace.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but... VHT Ultralead?

Other ones I'd love:
Ampeg VH-140c
Peavey 5150 (SLO is not the same :x)
Diezel Herbert
Peters Chimera
Framus Cobra
Meteoro MAK 3000
Peavey Rockmaster preamp or Ultra Plus amp
Marshall DSL50

thinkpad20 said:
dk_ace said:
thinkpad20 said:
Marshall DSL50

Is this a joke??? :shock: :?
No. I'd also like a TSL100 model. But there's a reason it's at the bottom of my list. Not that the list is otherwise in any particular order.

for Clean - Plexi 1 or 2, For Crunch JCM800. At least that is what the jcm2000 owners manual states it is trying to achieve.

Yeah but they're really not the same...

Anyway, is there any buzz about a VHT model? Because that would be super-cool. VHTs have a very unique voicing flavor.

Back
Top Bottom