Amp sim requests

gchirag said:
I've sent the Schematic of the Engl Savage 120 amp head. Engl provided it directly to me.

So Cliff can now model the amp head.

COOL..now he has 2 cause I sent mine Thursday :mrgreen: I really hope we get this one :cool:

gchirag,,say brother, I sent you a PM with my email addy, would you mind shooting your schematic to me please, I'd like to compare it to the one I have since yours came direct from ENGL.

MOSHON
DAVE

Hi Mosh, Brother,

I've sent you the Schematic by e-mail as you wished.

Engl sent me the schematic directly within the next day.

Engl is one my most favourite amps alongside the Marshall.

Marshalls are good if you also like pedals, i like to use various boosters and fancy Od pedals by Fulltone, Maxon, Mad profssor etc plus ODs basically drive the tubes to create natural organic distortion rather then seperate buzzy thin distortion created by disto pedals.

I once used a Randall Warhead amp and it sounded a bit weak even with the Boss metal-zone but after years i used a nice yellow Od pedal and it drove it to sonic mayhem with super sustain etc and the tone with thick and heavy.

Killswitch Engage, God Forbid only use ODs. I love Engl as it sounds super out of the box without the need for ODs but alongisde Engl i think Marshall is nice if you like using Pedals hehe especially like me as i love ODs.

gchirag said:
Hi Mosh, Brother,

I've sent you the Schematic by e-mail as you wished.

Engl sent me the schematic directly within the next day.

Engl is one my most favourite amps alongside the Marshall.

Marshalls are good if you also like pedals, i like to use various boosters and fancy Od pedals by Fulltone, Maxon, Mad profssor etc plus ODs basically drive the tubes to create natural organic distortion rather then seperate buzzy thin distortion created by disto pedals.

I once used a Randall Warhead amp and it sounded a bit weak even with the Boss metal-zone but after years i used a nice yellow Od pedal and it drove it to sonic mayhem with super sustain etc and the tone with thick and heavy.

Killswitch Engage, God Forbid only use ODs. I love Engl as it sounds super out of the box without the need for ODs but alongisde Engl i think Marshall is nice if you like using Pedals hehe especially like me as i love ODs.

Sup? :mrgreen:

Got it.....Same one ;)
thanks brother.

I also sent a few more schematics in today, hopefully some of them will show up in later firmwares :D

I sent in...
Engl Fireball
Engl E530
Engl E335(screamer)
Rivera Knucklehead
Mesa Boogie Lonestar
Carvin X-amp

Bogner Triple Giant preamp
Soldano Supercharger GTO (pedal)

I'm waiting for one on an Engl E570

MOSHON
DAVE :cool:

Sounds good bro.

Wow lots of cool amp schematics man.

Hopefully God willling the best ones shall show up on the upcoming firmware.

Cliff usually likes to know what is unique about the amp until now i have told Cliff why the Savage 120 is unqiue so he will choose which ones are unique and then model it.

To me all the Engl sound the same. :oops:
Just sold an Engl Screamer and it was really close to the Energyball (Powerball) of the Axe.

bmi said:
Just sold an Engl Screamer and it was really close to the Energyball (Powerball) of the Axe.

Wow.... not even close. The Screamer, despite it's name, is a rock amp at best. The e530 (to a lesser degree) and e570 (and e580) preamps are high gain, heavy metal monsters of tone.

SCREAMER HEAD E 335
If you want to play smashing rock with tamed gain, this should be the amp of your choice. Killing tube tone and incredible handling ease are the trademarks of this amp-line. Sparkeling clean, harmonic crunch and powerful leads are the goodies youíll get from our SCREAMER.

POWERBALL E 645
EVOLUTION: No compromise, ultra low end, versatile ROCK/METAL amp. 4 channels lead to where no ENGL amp has gone before. The Sonic Evolution of ENGL sounds, from crystal clean to crispy crunch ñ tight fat rhythm to punchy lead sounds in conjunction with low bottom end to satisfy the needs of the modern guitarist. Rich harmonics and fast attack delivered by special built transformers to cut through on any stage or recording situation.

Those are taken direct from the Engl website.

Have you actually played both amps side by side? They aren't even in the same state, let alone the same ballpark, tone wise. Then again, maybe the ones you played were just terribly maintained or something. Honestly, from a gain stage perspective alone, the Powerball has 4 stages in the preamp and the Screamer has 3. In most cases, that will take you from "rock you like a hurricane" to "I will melt the flesh from your shattered skull" territory. :)

Of course, your mileage may vary, but clearly my experience has been very different from yours.

Happy playing,
Jeff

Sunn Beta Lead

Sounds weird me requesting a solid state amp...

but these things are jewels of the amp world. Capable of going from clean country or jazz on channel 1 to sludged out doom post-metal tones on the second channel.

PZilla said:
Sunn Beta Lead

Sounds weird me requesting a solid state amp...

but these things are jewels of the amp world. Capable of going from clean country or jazz on channel 1 to sludged out doom post-metal tones on the second channel.

just like the lab l5... roll off the volume, clean city, roll it up.. sustain for days. listen to Gretchen Goes To Nebraska by King's X, or anything up till dogman (rectumfrier).

i sent cliff the l5 schematic, and it's posted in this thread 3 times ;) so good luck. nothing sounds like the l5.

Yeah...I'm really wanting that L5 as well. I hear that it was popular among blues players which I was surprised by...Or maybe it just shows my ignorance as I would have thought blues players would only want tube amps.

SliderJeff said:
bmi said:

Wow.... not even close. The Screamer, despite it's name, is a rock amp at best. The e530 (to a lesser degree) and e570 (and e580) preamps are high gain, heavy metal monsters of tone.

SCREAMER HEAD E 335
If you want to play smashing rock with tamed gain, this should be the amp of your choice. Killing tube tone and incredible handling ease are the trademarks of this amp-line. Sparkeling clean, harmonic crunch and powerful leads are the goodies youíll get from our SCREAMER.

POWERBALL E 645
EVOLUTION: No compromise, ultra low end, versatile ROCK/METAL amp. 4 channels lead to where no ENGL amp has gone before. The Sonic Evolution of ENGL sounds, from crystal clean to crispy crunch ñ tight fat rhythm to punchy lead sounds in conjunction with low bottom end to satisfy the needs of the modern guitarist. Rich harmonics and fast attack delivered by special built transformers to cut through on any stage or recording situation.

Have you actually played both amps side by side? They aren't even in the same state, let alone the same ballpark, tone wise. Then again, maybe the ones you played were just terribly maintained or something. Honestly, from a gain stage perspective alone, the Powerball has 4 stages in the preamp and the Screamer has 3. In most cases, that will take you from "rock you like a hurricane" to "I will melt the flesh from your shattered skull" territory. :)

Of course, your mileage may vary, but clearly my experience has been very different from yours.

Happy playing,
Jeff
ENGL Screamer can't do Metal???? I'm not an expert and there are many Metal styles today but it makes me laugh. Depending on your guitar/pickup you surely can do Metal :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in4z9Rk3pQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVKuZiFo ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z84HelvL ... re=related

How did you call this ..."musette"??? ;)

I've not tried a Powerball but a Savage. All difference that i can see between the big brother and the small screamer is that it provides more accurate/defined saturations and it has more balls(100w). For me the shape of the tone is the same and i can get almost the same tone with the screamer than with the powerball of the Axe (more accurate saturations).
I trade my JCM2000 with an ENGL Screamer because i can't get success to sold it. The Screamer comes with EH tubes which are not the best for this kind of amp. I've set NOS tube and Harma STR Retro EL34 coming from my plexi which are more gritty tubes than JJ and i can tell you that the sound was more tight and clear. I'm sure than with Tung Sold Gold Pin in preamp stage and EMG you are exactly in the same park than his big brothers.(with of course less balls)

Here is a powerball :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkkZhYaSqhs

Savage :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtkTeGPJ ... re=related

By the way looking to the schematic it seems to me that the high gain position of the Screamer uses 4 stages and not 3 as you say.

The info I posted is direct from Engl, regardless of what the schematic may say. Having played both, I stand by my opinion. YMMV.

Regards,
Jeff

bmi said:
SliderJeff said:
bmi said:

SCREAMER HEAD E 335

POWERBALL E 645

Happy playing,
Jeff
ENGL Screamer can't do Metal???? I'm not an expert and there are many Metal styles today but it makes me laugh. Depending on your guitar/pickup you surely can do Metal :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in4z9Rk3pQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVKuZiFo ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z84HelvL ... re=related

How did you call this ..."musette"??? ;)

I've not tried a Powerball but a Savage. All difference that i can see between the big brother and the small screamer is that it provides more accurate/defined saturations and it has more balls(100w). For me the shape of the tone is the same and i can get almost the same tone with the screamer than with the powerball of the Axe (more accurate saturations).
I trade my JCM2000 with an ENGL Screamer because i can't get success to sold it. The Screamer comes with EH tubes which are not the best for this kind of amp. I've set NOS tube and Harma STR Retro EL34 coming from my plexi which are more gritty tubes than JJ and i can tell you that the sound was more tight and clear. I'm sure than with Tung Sold Gold Pin in preamp stage and EMG you are exactly in the same park than his big brothers.(with of course less balls)

Here is a powerball :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkkZhYaSqhs

Savage :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtkTeGPJ ... re=related

By the way looking to the schematic it seems to me that the high gain position of the Screamer uses 4 stages and not 3 as you say.

The info I posted is direct from Engl

This one???
Honestly, from a gain stage perspective alone, the Powerball has 4 stages in the preamp and the Screamer has 3.

I can't find it in the description and technical specifications of the screamer...of course of the ENGL website here :

http://www.engl-amps.com/index2.html

The screamer uses V1,V2 as preamp V3 for the effects loop, V4 drives the push pull. V1,V2 means 4 triodes so 4 stages doable.

bmi said:
The info I posted is direct from Engl

This one???
[quote:3cdp04hk]Honestly, from a gain stage perspective alone, the Powerball has 4 stages in the preamp and the Screamer has 3.

I can't find it in the description and technical specifications of the screamer...of course of the ENGL website here :

http://www.engl-amps.com/index2.html

The screamer uses V1,V2 as preamp V3 for the effects loop, V4 drives the push pull. V1,V2 means 4 triodes so 4 stages doable.[/quote:3cdp04hk]

Per the same site you referenced:

Powerball:
Preamp:
4 channels: Clean, Crunch, Low Gain Lead, High Gain Lead, 2 Bright/Bottom switches, Extra Crunch Treble
control, 2 EQs, each 4 band, one for channel 1/2, one for channel. Volume controls for each channel. 4 x ECC83 preamp tubes

Master Section:
100 watts (1 x ECC 83, 4 x 6L6GC power amp tubes), Master A/B, Presence, Depth Punch controls.

Screamer:
Preamp:
4 channels, Clean, Crunch, Soft Lead, Heavy Lead, single 3 band EQ,
Lead Presence, Reverb, Bright switch, 3 x ECC 83 preamp tubes.

Master section:
V.L.S. (two different master volumes), 50 watts
(1 x ECC 83, 2 x 5881 power amp tubes)

Preamp stage includes 1 more tube... power amp includes 2 more of a different type.

Again, YMMV.

Regards,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom