age of Axe Fx users?

39 here.

As for advice, the good wife thing is a great one. For me that meant finding someone who could cook, I could trust and had a great sense of humor and enjoys a non-drama filled life. Once I found her I snatched her up and she's still the funniest person I know. Between the two of us tormenting our kid he's either going to be strong-willed and sharp as a whip or in therapy for years.

I wonder if there is any difference in general approach to using the AxeFx between those who spent years using tube amps and those who didn't?

I'm interested in an Axe-II, and I'm 34. But I'm keeping my amp. I'm only thinking about using it for FX, because it seems to me it would be easier than dealing with the contrived mess of cables that I currently deal with when using stomps and rack gear.

You old guys are whiners, my Doctor told me I had the arthritis (Rheumatoid) of a 60 year old, back when I was only 20, and I still lug my tube amp around! LOL :D

Seriously though, I understand. MY Egge Renegade head is about 40 or 50#, and it's a pain to carry by itself, and the cab is even heavier. The ENGL Invader I want weighs about 50 or 60#, and the Orange cab I want clocks in at 110#, but to me it's worth it, cause it sounds EXACTLY like I want it to. Plus I have minions, who don't have arthritis!

Ask Mortega. IIRC he never played a "regular" tube amp.
And he has been / still is on a neverending quest to get "his" tone.

I think that a couple of years in the tube field is very rewarding when crossing over to digital.
Things llke Fletcher-Munson are so much more dominant in the digital area.

I wonder if there is any difference in general approach to using the AxeFx between those who spent years using tube amps and those who didn't?

No knobs, other than that, it's still gain, mid, bass, and treble. Of course, you can probably assign your 4 main amp knobs to the 4 modifier knobs on the front of the Axe-II. I assume that is possible.

I was thinking in terms of building fewer presets with more FX blocks to get a range of tones, for those weened on the necessity to use a single amp (or at most a very few amps) on stage. Or a tendency to stay close to sounds that are possible in nature as opposed to any sound the AxeFx is capable of making.

39 here.

As for advice, the good wife thing is a great one. For me that meant finding someone who could cook, I could trust and had a great sense of humor and enjoys a non-drama filled life. Once I found her I snatched her up and she's still the funniest person I know. Between the two of us tormenting our kid he's either going to be strong-willed and sharp as a whip or in therapy for years.

I hope It's the former shasha. I work at an outpatient mental health clinic and I've noticed an increase of kids getting therapy due to either paranoid parents thinking that they have ADD just because they didn't do their homework and started noticing girls or something equally absurd like the parents who let their kid do whatever they want and wonder why he yells back and smokes pot. Also the bully situation weirds me out. Did kids nowadays ever realize to stand up for themselves? It Seems like kids are getting depressed a lot quicker too. Maybe their parents need to hit them harder. :razz I don't condone child beating but sometimes a kid has to get a wacky every now and then to snap them back into reality. Sorry I'm going off into a tangent but heed my warning!

I was thinking in terms of building fewer presets with more FX blocks to get a range of tones, for those weened on the necessity to use a single amp (or at most a very few amps) on stage. Or a tendency to stay close to sounds that are possible in nature as opposed to any sound the AxeFx is capable of making.

So you are asking if "restraint" is a built in feature? lol

42 next Wednesday. Hoping the Axe-Fx II will be released then, and I'll get one for my birthday. :)

Been playing since '85, first riff I learned was "Rock You Like A Hurricane", first song with full chords that I learned was "Stone In Love" by Journey (actually still one of my favorite solos). All learned from friends and guitar tab magazines. I still have tons of old "Guitar For The Practicing Musician" mags in storage. Can't bear to part with them. :)

Back
Top Bottom