age of Axe Fx users?

the other reason for the demographic,40yrs. is usualy when your back starts to give out.60lb+ head and 2-4x12's at 100lbs a piece make a little black box and a monitor look very appealing.:)

After 2 shoulder surgeries and 1 surgery on my neck/spinal cord, you’re right on the mark with this comment. 42 here.

45 here... I've a few thoughts as to why the crowd here seems to be 40+ (age poll would be nice):

1. We love the sound of tube amps, but can't stand the weight. (already mentioned)
2. We have decent paying jobs and can afford it.
3. We're tired of Tonequesting and just want something that works as advertised.
4. We grew up in the defining era of rack gear and still like that stuff.
5. Creating the sounds we grew up with makes us feel young.

43 in a week, into metal since kiss in 4th grade, (just hear a power chord and seriously an epiphony, can still remember kiss alive 2 detroit rock city, first chords, chasing tone ever since) started playing classical guitar (mel bay) in 5th grade, in 7th on halloween no less, came home to a 1973 sunburst les paul and a peavey backstage, 500 bucks total my parents spent; still have it. see my sig pick its up on the couch.

43 in a week, into metal since kiss in 4th grade....

Yep, 43 (like I already posted) and started listening to KISS in the 4th grade. I had always heard about them as a kid and my older sister happened to have an 8-Track (woohoo, late 70's for the win! :D) of their "Rock & Roll Over" album. As soon as I heard that, it was hard rock/metal for me from then on out. :)

older and wiser perhaps? 45 yr old metal head here...playing off and on since I was 14....took a 10 year partial hiatus from 30 to 40 with work and kids and all....I'm pretty sure by now I'm not going to be a rock star but it sure is fun trying!

47 here. Started playing in 76 on a Sekova LP. KISS ALIVE was one of my first records. Also BTO ll.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well there are many kids who have Rectifier stacks in their bedroom but you can't impress your friends that much with a little black box >$2000

Damn really? Rectifiers? The last time I was in high school, everyone used line 6. It was awful.

So true. I think childhood & the teen years really screw people's perception of time up (at least for me), because it feels like you are a kid f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Then you are like, "Oh thank God I'm finally 20 years old! I thought I'd never make it.". Trust me, the next 20 years will seem to go by infinitely faster. Before you know it, you'll be 40 and saying, "What the Hell happened? How the f#ck did I get this old, this quick?". :lol

oh believe me I already feel like time significantly goes by. By 18 I thought "so this is how it is to be an adult huh? Damn It's definitely gonna go downhill from now on" :lol

Hey You All, 54 and still climbing trees for a living. the Axe-Fx Ultra has been my ultimate inspiration the couple of months I've owned her!:D

Wow guys thanks for the input! A few 30s there and a 27 and 19 over here but generally 40+. Man with axe fx I took the easy way out unlike you ex tube guys ;)
To think if I hadn't heard of axe fx, I would've bought an ENGL invader, mesa 4x12, maxon od820 and God knows what else.

Now if you had one tip for life to give a young'un like me, what would it be?

Back
Top Bottom