age of Axe Fx users?

Now if you had one tip for life to give a young'un like me, what would it be?

Get yourself a GOOD wife. Notice I didn't say trophy wife, rich wife, wife with expensive tastes, wife with endless emotional needs.

My wife of 30 years has been the best thing that ever happened to me. And yes, she tolerates my gear habit very well (she's especially happy many amps have left the building since the Axe FX moved in.)

She is also one of the Axe FX's biggest fans - sez' my tone has never been better.

33... and you're right, can't lift that 4x12 and marshall head like +10 years ago.

I enjoy the fact that there are lots of old farts here...

I already consider myself one ;-)

I would imagine most of the djent crowd around here is early to late 20's, 26 here.

This djent thang is recent, isn´t it? When did it surface, the last 5 years? The first time I ever heard about it was here, from Clark Kent´s posts. I might be wrong, but I hear echoes from Sepultura Chaos A.D., and maybe Roots albuns, and early 90s bands like Helmet, there.

This djent thang is recent, isn´t it? When did it surface, the last 5 years? The first time I ever heard about it was here, from Clark Kent´s posts. I might be wrong, but I hear echoes from Sepultura Chaos A.D., and maybe Roots albuns, and early 90s bands like Helmet, there.

The term "Djent" is relatively new, but the tonality and style isn't as new. Meshuggah pioneered it a decade ago or more. Periphery and TesseracT have refined it within recent years. As with all metal, you will hear the influences prominently.

I would imagine most of the djent crowd around here is early to late 20's, 26 here.

although I heard the main attractions of axe fx because of periphery, djent isn't my thing. I like it but can't play it. I also can't stand the randomness (is that a word grammar police?) Or the danzig type squiggly weird playing on the high strings. I like me some good death metal. Melodic or not. Also I like red hot chili peppers and some Joe satriani. Oh and video game music.

46. Not an Axe owner yet. I've been waiting for 2nd generation hardware. Now I'm just waiting for availability.

I'd like to thank all of you who funded the R&D of Axe II. :)

Back
Top Bottom