A bit scared to upgrade firmware

At this time I would hold off. We will be releasing our "G3 Modeling Technology" firmware upgrade soon. So it doesn't make sense to tweak everything with such a major update looming.
And you are not gonna tell us more about it aren't you? Mr.Chase, you sure know the meaning of a "punch line" and know how and when to use it!! Now how am I suppose to cure my firmware update GAS??!!

At this time I would hold off. We will be releasing our "G3 Modeling Technology" firmware upgrade soon. So it doesn't make sense to tweak everything with such a major update looming.
Anchorman-2-Say-What.jpg

I didn't have to tweak any of my amp blocks from firmware 14 to 17 bc the only difference I heard was better but am staying at 16 bc some of my FX like Flanger changed in 17 and I don't know what settings to tweak to fix them and I haven't finished recording my band yet.

Before upgrading, record a ton of your riffs and some cover songs, so you can make lots of comparisons. Also, make sure you compare your tones in and out of a mix bc sometimes you'll only here a slight difference when hearing your tone soloed. I only make changes if I hear differences in the mix, not soloed.

We will be releasing our "G3 Modeling Technology" firmware upgrade soon.

(...)
WISH: Don`t use the "reference IR signal chain" only for compensting the Power Amps influences, but also use it as measurment point for the speaker resonance of the actual Cab! Save this data besides the IR data in the CAB-IR and link it to the Amps Block speaker tab for auto adjust this page to the actual used IR! If we talk about accuracy, THIS WILL FIX THE STILL MISSING LINK TO REALITY!

(...)

WISH: Make it available to capture the "reference IR chain" by itself, resulting in a inverted frequency response IR. This could be useful to equalize Power Amps non-linearity, when audition Axe-Fx with the dedicated Amp.

praying-angel.GIF

I'm a few versions of firmware behind but I'm skeptical to upgrade because I finally have everything about the Axe-FX II I want in order. I'm afraid it might affect my tones in some way that I'll have to go back and compensate for whatever updates were made. (gain, level-wise, etc).

Is FW17 worth that risk? Am I just paranoid? It's happened before a while back.

Be afraid. Very afraid. There's no going back >:)

This is more than a major update : last time FAS changed their modeling technology, we went from the Axe FX Ultra to the Axe FX II. This time, we won't have to change the unit ! Christmas in january !

This is more than a major update : last time FAS changed their modeling technology, we went from the Axe FX Ultra to the Axe FX II. This time, we won't have to change the unit ! Christmas in january !

Yeah, seems this is also what Cliff meant as he said, the Axe-Fx II has lots of life left ;)

OSHA wants to talk to you about the configuration of the toilet, clock, and sink in your bathroom, because there seems to be a safety problem.

Of course, we will make sure that conversation DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Back
Top Bottom