that was not pointed towards you henry, it was in general. don't go if you don't want to. I welcome everyone in here, twice. I don't know if I belong here, I just made myself belong here by posting. So now I do.

Hey Swedish Chef, I saw your list of players there. B.B. King, Mike Stern, Eric Clapton and Tommy Emmanuel??
Tell me, are there any examples of your playing on here or anywhere else on the net?
Because I'm thinking you must be some kind of MONSTROUS guitar player.
I mean like a seriously innovative, utterly original, technically stunning, genre-bending badass!
I can't wait to hear it!

ok can see it now, as it has been misconstrued: -

- there should be an "i" in front of the "don't", in the above quoted sentence.

of course i'm not speaking for others. hell no.

Oh! I'm sorry hideous! that was the longest rant ever based on one letter missing, and I even suggested it in the same post before I started it. haha! Got to love typos :D
I'm all good hideous, I hope you are too :) no hard feelings :D

OK, guys. This is turning into a major party pooper convention. Fun's over - nothing to see here anymore...

nooooo!!! this is the funniest thread per post ever! It was a short ride. But I loved it. Maybe they will take it away or something. I don't think everyone understands it the same way though.

1- Kirk Hammet (Mr.Pentatonic scale)
2- Pete Townsend ( Ohhhhh he can play powerchords!!!)
3- Joe Stump ( A poor Malmsteen copy, pain in the a!@# attitude included)
4- Keith Richards ( I want to eat the carpet when So call music magazines put this guy on the top 10 list of the all time best guitarist...)
5- Andy Summers ( can he actualy play guitar without 10 chorus effects in the loop??)
6- Kurt Cobain ( I so hate the grundge era, worst thing to ever happen to rock and roll in history)
7- Mick Mars ( Never liked his tone and paying. And he scares me!!!!)

Hey Swedish Chef, I saw your list of players there. B.B. King, Mike Stern, Eric Clapton and Tommy Emmanuel??
Tell me, are there any examples of your playing on here or anywhere else on the net?
Because I'm thinking you must be some kind of MONSTROUS guitar player.
I mean like a seriously innovative, utterly original, technically stunning, genre-bending badass!
I can't wait to hear it!

I might dislike Monet or Brando. That doesn't mean that I feel I am a "better" painter or actor.
This type of "logic" ("if you dislike a player, it therefore follows that you believe yourself to be 'better' ") is nonsensical.

Cheers,
Mo.

The guy that plays for Lady Gaga
The guy that plays for Madonna
The chick that played for Michael Jackson
Walter Becker
The guy that plays (played?) for Duran Duran
Mr Townsend / Clapton / Robert Cray. can't stand any of them
me

Haha. We all stink!

Jeez folks, just because I dislike a guitar player doesn't mean they suck. They just don't do it for ME. Once again, everyone else's opinion is right but the one that has an opposing opinion. The title is not who sucks, but who you dislike.

Carry on my wayward son...

I dont fake hate anybody. I work really, really, really hard at this guitar thing and have done so for many years. Anyone who's on anyone list here has probably worked even harder. No one needs to be hated or fake hated. This is hard stuff. These guys are the good guys.

Lighten up!
Re-read the title and the OP - it's not about hate, it's not about "overrated" or anything like that.
It's actually quite simple: which guitar player do you dislike? And don't tell me there are none ;)

Hm, I probably can't name seven, because most players I dislike I don't memorize their names... ok:
- Mike Oldfield
- Eric Johnson
- Santana (nowadays; I dig the old stuff)
- Jeff Loomis :razz:
- Shawn Lane
- John Petrucci (nowadays; but a cool dude still)
- Steven Wilson

Ok, got to 7, but that took some time and there are plethora of guitarists out there I dislike more, I just don't know them by name ;)

I just love the way all you frickin almost wanna be's put down some of the best guitar players ever. This is the biggest joke thread yet.

Chef-this is a joke and so is your list. BB King is BB king, Clapton is Clapton-(I'm sure your much better than Clapton and Larry Carlton-So are the rest of the bozos who listed great players they dislike.
what a joke-

Lighten up!
Re-read the title and the OP - it's not about hate, it's not about "overrated" or anything like that.
It's actually quite simple: which guitar player do you dislike? And don't tell me there are none ;)

Hm, I probably can't name seven, because most players I dislike I don't memorize their names... ok:
- Mike Oldfield
- Eric Johnson
- Santana (nowadays; I dig the old stuff)
- Jeff Loomis :razz:
- Shawn Lane
- John Petrucci (nowadays; but a cool dude still)
- Steven Wilson

Ok, got to 7, but that took some time and there are plethora of guitarists out there I dislike more, I just don't know them by name ;)

OK How do you DISLIKE Eric Johnson? He plays anything and everything-Get real. Why would you dislike guitar players? I really am not real fond HM, death metal, etc, but I don't dislike ANY of the musicians involved. All the good ones are good players.

I don't get you people-or is it children?

Last edited:
and one more thing... to the slightly offended:

'Lighten up, Francis." Stripes for the uninitiated.(no offense)

Back
Top Bottom